Any ideas for making a tree house more fun?

(7 Posts)
Virgil Sat 14-Jul-12 22:13:18

I found a pulley on amazon for about a fiver smile

Dollydowser Sat 14-Jul-12 17:20:53

My kids tree house isn't getting much use this year, but I think its down to the weather, none of us have been out in the garden much.

i like the bucket and pulley idea, any instructions on how to make/where to buy please?

CookieRookie Sat 14-Jul-12 17:05:34

grin I always wanted a tree house.

Virgil Sat 14-Jul-12 15:16:38

You're good at this cookie. Right I'm going to have a rummage around in the playroom

CookieRookie Sat 14-Jul-12 15:13:28

Castaway the movie. Ask questions? Get them to think logically. They won't even know they're learning grin

How would they collect water? What could keep them warm? What would they use an old net curtain for? Fishing maybe? What can they use this shoelace for? You get the idea.

Can you tell I'm a big child at heart? grin

CookieRookie Sat 14-Jul-12 15:07:46

Bucket and pulley great idea.

Get stuck in with them. Take them out and ask them to think of all the things it could be - a spaceship, a hideout, a batcave, a science lab etc.

Search for old stuff around the house that could be used in imagination play - an old keyboard, phone, calculator, radio, old atlas? What about their toys? Do they have things you don't mind being left outside - a telescope, binoculars?

Can you modify a disguised secret hiding spot in it somewhere?

Old containers and food dye and water for making potions and science experiments.

Their imaginations are endless, I'm sure they'll come up with loads of possibilities.

Have fun smile

Virgil Sat 14-Jul-12 14:52:45

DSs 5 and 7 have a tree house but it doesn't get as much use as I'd thought. Does anyone have any good ideas for accessories etc? I though maybe a pulley and bucket set up to start but then I'm struggling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now