Pushchair Walking

(3 Posts)
Chalky04 Tue 15-May-12 17:25:16

Hi there,

I am looking for some ideas on where to take my DD on holiday in the UK in July (she will be 5 months old).

We are keen walkers and would like to go somewhere that has a number of pushchair friendly walks. We have got a macpac baby carrier but she won't be old enough to go in it at the time we will be going away.

Any ideas??

I've had the Lake District suggested as somewhere with plenty of accessible trails but was wondering whether to save that until we can get DD into the baby carrier and that way we could do more.

Any thoughts/advice/experience gratefully received!

UnChartered Tue 15-May-12 17:29:12

the Peak District is good for all sorts of terrain and a great mix of towns/touristy things to do (so lots of amenities etc) as well

we went in late March - had a great time

dogindisguise Fri 01-Jun-12 21:04:24

What about buying a sling you could use from birth? There are so many that I wish I'd known about when DS was that age - take a look at www.slingguide.co.uk for more information. At five months she will be quite light to carry on your front for a long walk, and if it rains you could either wear a very large raincoat or you can even get special babywearing coats. It will free you up to do lots of walking where you can't take a buggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now