Fleas...gross

(6 Posts)
halfbuffy Mon 28-Nov-16 10:44:01

Lost track of time and missed a flea treatment (completely my fault) and now my dog has fleas. He's been scratching a bit and I've seen the black dots that are associated with them, as well as some actually on him. He's got long hair and is difficult to groom sometimes, he tries to eat the brush and then runs off, but when I have been able to get to him I have seen the fleas on him.

Has anyone got experience of a good shampoo to get rid of them before we continue his normal flea treatments? Our vet is quite a walk away and pregnancy has knocked me for 6 lately so I would love to be able to order one online before making the long (and expensive) trip to the vets!

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 28-Nov-16 11:31:54

Use flea treatment first and wait minimum 48 hours before shampooing. If your dog is white do not shampoo as your dog will turn pink.

MrsWooster Mon 28-Nov-16 11:33:11

Advantage. Buy opine, treat, brush debris out over the next few days

MrsWooster Mon 28-Nov-16 11:33:56

Online, obviously!

halfbuffy Mon 28-Nov-16 11:47:18

Lone - pink?! Although that would be quite a sight he's a ginger so hopefully we will be ok!

Great, thanks for the advice both smile

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 28-Nov-16 20:29:51

The black bits are flea poo so dried blood, wash white dog with lots Of flea poo it will turn pink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now