Advice re BARF please

(6 Posts)
GreenieGables Sat 12-Nov-16 08:53:02

Sorry I know this has been done to death and I have AS it, but I'm after some advice specific to my needs please.

I have a 27kg greyhound, currently on Millie's. I'm interested in switching to a raw diet but quite frankly am confused and overwhelmed by it all.

I need someone to break it down for me and tell me exactly what I should be feeding my hound, and in what quantities. It's all very well saying 60-70% raw meaty bones, but how do I work that out if I don't know how much she should have in weight per meal?

I currently feed her twice a day, and tbh could do with a comprehensive meal plan of what to feed for each meal!

GreenieGables Sun 13-Nov-16 19:10:18

Bump. Anyone?

tabulahrasa Sun 13-Nov-16 19:40:11

It's 2-3% of their body weight so for 27kg that's 540-810g a day.

GreenieGables Sun 13-Nov-16 20:05:59

Thank you, that's a great help. I couldn't find that information anywhere!

BagelGoesWalking Mon 14-Nov-16 00:53:39

Good sites to look at are:

dogsdinner2.webs.com/ Look at the Quickstart Guide "Breaking it all down" and the "Feeding Quantity Chart" This will give you the basics. It's simply 70-80% meat - 10-20% bone - 10% organ meat - think of these quantities over a week/10 days, don't stress that you've got the %s accurate every single day. You will quickly judge by the dog's poo - too white = too much bone, too loose = too much offal (normally). Start with basic chicken, add in tiny amounts of offal (too much and you'll know!). Eggs, sardines, tripe (frozen pellets from P@H) are all great for skin/fur glossiness.
www.facebook.com/groups/rawfeedinguk/

GreenieGables Mon 14-Nov-16 12:58:54

Thank you so much, that explains everything I need to know smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now