How does your dog wake you up ?

(15 Posts)
Thattimeofyearagain Sun 23-Oct-16 22:38:14

Inspired by the where does your dog sleep thread.
Our boy nudges and licks my arm. If that doesn't work it's a wet nose to the ear. Lovely Tha he doesn't make any noise, annoying that he only does this to me and lets dh sleep on grin

Daisymclazy Sun 23-Oct-16 22:41:18

Bounces on the bed in between us, inserts herself into the space and stretches. Sometimes face sniffing too.

cleowasmycat Sun 23-Oct-16 22:51:02

I have to wake him up!!

HemanOrSheRa Sun 23-Oct-16 22:52:35

A variety of ways. She either wriggles up from the bottom of the bed and stares at me. Or if that doesn't work she will stand on my chest if I am sleeping on my back. OR she will jump down off the bed in a huff, wander out into the hallway and drink water from her bowl in a PA fashion (we live in a flat). Then sit on the floor next to my side of the bed, huffing, sighing and grumbling (like Marg Simpson).

TrionicLettuce Sun 23-Oct-16 23:07:38

They don't grin

They don't bother getting up until I do and even then if I'm having a shower or whatever before taking them down for breakfast they'll stay under the covers until the absolute last minute.

YellowLambBanana Sun 23-Oct-16 23:21:52

Whining ! well from one anyway. I call it the get up whines. Not so bad in the summer when it is actually time to get up. Not so great in the winter when she does realise it's 3am... the other one just stays under his blanket. He's not a morning dog

QuimReaper Sun 23-Oct-16 23:30:00

Mine does this sort of vocal vowel-sound yawn that sounds like a Miaow whenever he wants attention.

"Rrraaaaaaaaaow!"

grin

TheFlyingFauxPas Mon 24-Oct-16 00:38:41

I woke up the other morning and I could feel ddog's nose on my face. Just there. Still. Waiting.....

TheGiantSausage Mon 24-Oct-16 09:03:20

She doesn't. She's not much of a morning dog. She just gives me an unimpressed eyebrow raise when I say good morning to her.

takesnoprisoners Mon 24-Oct-16 09:43:28

Sits by the bed, touching me with his paws. If that doesn't work, jump up on the bed between us and put his head on DH and bum on my face and thump his tail. That definitely works.

Loupee Mon 24-Oct-16 11:24:02

Another one here that doesn't, doesn't get out of bed until he hears his food getting ready!
Just need him to train the child wink

DollyBarton Mon 24-Oct-16 11:30:34

Not a chance. If my dog woke me up more than occasionally for a very good reason she'd be someone else's dog.

GetAHaircutCarl Mon 24-Oct-16 11:34:28

If it's early they just look over their shoulders on a not-fucking-likely manner.

If it's later they come to the bottom of the stairs and howl like wolves.

stonecircle Mon 24-Oct-16 12:32:09

If senior dog comes upstairs at any time it's serious - she feels ill, needs a wee or thinks it's way past breakfast time. She only has to appear in the doorway and we jump to it!

Dog2 sleeps like a log but starts getting fidgety if it's time to get up (if he could cough politely I'm sure he would!).

Dog3 just bounces up and down on us and licks our faces smile

ChairRider4 Mon 24-Oct-16 16:14:14

Come morning he sits by my bed and huffs in my ear but if alarm clock gone of he peels the duvet of me (is trained to do it )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now