Talk to me about a decent jacket for a rain hating lab x staffy

(3 Posts)
StarsandSparkles Wed 19-Oct-16 22:16:39

My 8yo lab x staffy absolutely hates the rain and refuses to go out if its raining (even gravy bone shaped bribes dont work 😂)
He got a jacket from my local pet shop a couple of years ago but its wore down and id like to get him a new one
Id looked at the repelz it range when in pets at home today and the aspen parka and the nanobreaker stood out but i dont know anyone thats got one
So can you lovely doghouse ladies and gents recommend a decent jacket that is waterproof (not just showerproof) and not too £££

sparechange Thu 20-Oct-16 13:40:52

Try the Hurtta range
They aren't cheap but last really well and also have a tummy panel to stop water splashing up underneath.

My staffie absolutely refuses to go outside in the rain, and my lab isn't a lot better. The latter, I can't understand because take her within a mile of water on a dry day, and she is in like a flash, but water falling from the sky (and water in a bath) - total nemesis to be avoided at all costs

LimeJellyHead Tue 25-Oct-16 19:08:16

These come in a lightweight version www.dfordog.co.uk/lightweight-waterproof-dog-coat.html or if your dog is prone to getting chilly, there is also a version with a fleece lining www.dfordog.co.uk/waterproof-dog-coat-fleece-lined.html Beautifully handmade and for just a little extra ££ you can even have it made to measure, so it is an exact fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now