My dog sleeps all the time!

(5 Posts)
Littlebeek Mon 17-Oct-16 21:06:11

Just checking this is normal for a 10 year old Lab.
If she's not on a walk or eating, then she's sleeping. I've never known a dog sleep so much, is this normal?

I have no idea of her previous life as she's a rescue dog but she's a very loving dog, very soft & gentle and extremely well behaved - perfect really!

She won't ever play though and isn't interested in any toys or balls. Even though she's 10 she's still very bouncy esp when the words 'walkies & biscuits' are said!

Just really wanted to hear if anyone else's dogs are like this? I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can for her.

KinkyAfro Mon 17-Oct-16 21:30:33

My lab is almost and is and has always been like this. If she's not out or eating, she's asleep

KinkyAfro Mon 17-Oct-16 21:30:44

*almost 4

thedogsvagina Mon 17-Oct-16 21:39:52

my 11 year old is the same. sleeps almost all the time. definite slow down but can run around like a puppy at walk time.

TattyCat Mon 17-Oct-16 22:55:11

10 is quite elderly for a Lab, so I wouldn't worry. The lack of play could just be that she's never learned how to play, sadly. Be led by her... she'll let you know what she needs.

Ours (years ago) slept most of the day; some just do. Don't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now