Visiting doggy day care......any suggestions?

(4 Posts)
summersunshineaddict Mon 10-Oct-16 12:55:42

I've worked from home for the past 3 years since getting ddog, I'm soon to be switching to a role where I will be office based so he will be going to day care. I've been asked if I want to visit (which I do!) so I am going next week, any ideas as to what I should look for or questions I can ask?

He's a chilled out boy who can get a bit scared of barky dogs until he realises they mean him no harm

Scuttlebutter Mon 10-Oct-16 23:48:02

Check they are licensed and carry insurance.

Ask what sort of activities they will be doing and where? Walks, play, any activities?

Will they collect/drop off?

Can they offer overnight stays (useful if you need a weekend away)?

Can they cope with minor illnesses/administering medicine if necessary?

Do they provide you with info at the end of each day e.g. pictures, videos etc and a brief report of what they've been doing?

Maximum number and size of other dogs, and does this include pups?

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Mon 10-Oct-16 23:57:03

Ask which vet surgeries they are willing to take your dog to in the event of an emergency. We met with a doggy daycare lady who only dealt with a specific vet, who had a terrible local reputation. The service we chose had a preferred vet they used but would opt to take your dog to your vet if you so wished.

If they do pick up and drop off, what is max time your dog will be in the van. Some doggy daycares cover such a huge area the dogs spend 1 1/2 hours+ each way in the back of a van.

skiseasoniscoming Wed 19-Oct-16 09:29:22

Thank you both

We went for our visit, he loved it there and everything seemed very above board. He's been running his business for around 4 years so people must be happy and I've done extensive googling and all seems to add up.

My only worry is he won't enjoy weekends with me as much as he enjoys day care during the week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now