How do you keep your dogs clean?

(4 Posts)
GinAndOnIt Sun 09-Oct-16 16:28:19

Other than bathing.

We only have a walk-in shower which GinDog (understandably) hates. He will suffer it if he has to, but it makes him so miserable (and makes the house such a mess) that I try not to do it too often.

But at times, he can smell quite a bit more pungent than normal, and could do with a quick 'refresh' - he's not dirty, just a bit smelly!

I do brush him, but I'm wondering if there are any tricks I'm missing out on.

FTR I'm not expecting him to smell of roses wink

Littlebee76 Sun 09-Oct-16 17:31:44

I have some doggy dry shampoo which doesn't need washing out, it's like a mouse that you massage in. It does a pretty decent job actually. You can get it most places including pets@home.
Also I have some doggy anti bac wipes which I got from Tesco which are useless for paws or if they've been rolling about!

GinAndOnIt Sun 09-Oct-16 17:49:51

Ah! That sounds perfect Little - I was eyeing up my own dry shampoo thinking there must be a doggy equivalent grin

I was thinking of something in a spray bottle for when he's being brushed, but I think he'd hate that just as much. Will have a look in Pets At Home tomorrow.

Littlebee76 Sun 09-Oct-16 18:01:49

They do doggy deodorant too but like you I'm not sure my dog would like being sprayed!
Least the dry shampoo smells nice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now