How has my lab got these dry rough elbows? (Pics)

(5 Posts)
Littlebee76 Sat 08-Oct-16 12:59:56

Does anyone know why/how my 10 year old Labrador has these very rough dry elbows? Both both front & back legs.

I've rescued her from a centre so not sure what her previous home was like.

I've tried to oil them with coconut oil but she loves it so licks it all off blush

Bubble2bubble Sat 08-Oct-16 14:10:17

I've seen that in dogs that have spent a lot of time lying outside or on concrete.

TrionicLettuce Sat 08-Oct-16 14:16:00

They look like calluses from lying on hard surfaces.

You can put plain vaseline on them (might be less tempting than coconut oil grin) and make sure she's got access to plenty of comfy beds in spots she like to lie in.

ilongforlustre Sat 08-Oct-16 14:20:46

My lab has those. They are from lying on our hard floor. We have laminate or tiles all the way through. He has a lovely deep soft bed but he likes the floor, what can you do? They don't seem to bother him.

I am suspicious that he is trying to guilt me into letting him sleep on my bed. (Not happening).

honeyroar Sat 08-Oct-16 16:08:56

Our eldest lab came with those aged 2, they've never gone and she's 10 now. I believe they're pressure caused, as people have said. They won't cause any problems.

Laughing at the licking the coconut oil off, such a lab-esque thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now