Odd poodle question...

(7 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Wed 28-Sep-16 22:52:33

If I had a miniature or toy poodle would I have to have them groomed/clipped in that traditional poodle look? Could we keep the first look over the second look?
TIA

tabulahrasa Wed 28-Sep-16 23:30:09

You can do what you want...

You'll need to do more grooming the longer you keep the coat, but you'd have to do a fair amount either way.

Floofy Thu 29-Sep-16 00:30:47

You can style them however you want! I keep my poodles hair quite long, in a puppy clip or teddy bear clip. So cute! They do need a lot of grooming, though, especially after muddy walks, trips to the beach etc. The tight curls trap everything and it matts quite easily. Mine get brushed every day, bathed once a week and a trip to the groomers every 8 weeks (to neaten up the crap job I do with the clippers!). Sometimes I do get fed up and shave them with a No 4 all over and it's so much easier but they are just much cuter with longer fluff. smile

Deadnettle Thu 29-Sep-16 10:25:09

You can do want you want to a poodle. I groom my miniature poodle myself and I do shave her face, because 1) it was always wet, 2) it smelt, 3) things got stuck in it, and 4) no one believe she was a poodle.

Compared to the other poodles I know, I keep mine quite long and to keep it under control I clip her coat every 3 or 4 weeks. I clip her face and sanitary areas every 2 ish weeks. I bath her every week or so and she is brushed every day.

The last photo is what she looks like now.

insan1tyscartching Fri 30-Sep-16 21:21:58

I dream of having a poodle and would have to have the top knot and tippy toes because that's part of the reason I like poodles. But I know quite a few that aren't clipped like that though and they still look lovely.

MadHattersWineParty Fri 30-Sep-16 21:26:51

Teddy bear clip smile

insan1tyscartching Fri 30-Sep-16 21:30:40

Aww so cute, all these photos are tugging on my poodle heartstrings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now