good alternative to Millie's Wolfheart (dry food)?

(3 Posts)
Dieu Tue 27-Sep-16 11:45:48

Hi. My 16 month old Shih Tzu has been on Millie's for ages now, ever since I weaned him off the Royal Canin stuff that he came home with.
It's a good food and we have no problems with it. He's keen enough on it, but like with most dry varieties, prefers it with a little something mixed through! It's good for his tum, and soft stools are kept to a minimum … always a bonus with a fluffy haired breed.
I have no qualms about continuing to buy it, if for the best. However I have been wondering lately if there was a slightly cheaper alternative, which could possibly be bought at my local dog shop (an independent one, which stocks other high quality brands). I also find ordering it online a bit of an inconvenience, even if the service is pretty good.
Has anyone looked into a less costly, more widely available type of kibble? Don't worry, I have no intention of going down the Pedigree Chum route wink
Many thanks.

everythingis Tue 27-Sep-16 13:56:16

Have a look at the allaboutdogfood site. I found Aatu on there and tried my spaniel with it - huge hit and his tummy has been issue free since plus you can buy it at PAH. The site is extremely helpful

WasWildatHeart Tue 27-Sep-16 14:28:49

Don't know how the cost compares but we haven't looked back since moving our terrier onto Eden. Chose this because she had epileptic cramping and I read that changing her diet might help. She hasn't had any problems since and is lean, healthy and even has a shiny coat - not bad going for a grizzle wire haired terrier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now