Quick and easy dog treats-recipies please

(8 Posts)
Kneejerk Fri 23-Sep-16 00:11:47

Does anyone have a recipe for dog treats? Just quick easy ones?

Many thanks

LilCamper Fri 23-Sep-16 10:05:53

Sardine cake-blitz a tin of sardines in tomato with one egg (clove of garlic optional) in a blender.
In a mixing bowl mix in a enough flour to make a cake like batter.
Spread onto a baking tray and put into a low oven until firm.
Chop into finger nail sized pieces.
Can be frozen.

Soubriquet Fri 23-Sep-16 10:09:32

Get some liver

Rub in some garlic

Cut into small squares

Bake until firm

tabulahrasa Fri 23-Sep-16 12:12:53

Buy primula..,done, lol.

It even comes in a handy tube for portion control.

Other than that liver cake went down well, it was the first recipe that came up when I googled liver cake.

Kneejerk Fri 23-Sep-16 14:01:59

Thank you, I thought garlic isn't good for dogs though?

Any suggestions for baked ones as I am hoping to bag them up and provide them as gifts?

Kneejerk Fri 23-Sep-16 14:03:49

I thought garlic isn't good for dogs.

Anyway do you have and suggestions for ones I can make and bag up as pressiess for my friends dogs?

Soubriquet Fri 23-Sep-16 14:08:34

I think garlic bulbs isn't

I'll have to check that one grin
It was garlic salt we used anyway

Just the liver on its own would be ok anyway

I've just made some really easy ones from a recipe on a Facebook page. 1 large jar of baby food (sweet or savoury, no onions) and flour, recipe said 300g but I think I used about 250g and also added a large spoonful of peanut butter. Cooked for about 15 minutes then turned oven off and left them till cool so they are nice and crunchy. I didn't have a shaped cutter so used a water bottle top - just the right size.
They seem very bland to me (yes I tried one) but DDog goes nuts for them! I can't give her anything with liver as her breed has problems with it (Dalmatian) and I like to know what is in her treats as some commercial ones can make her a bit hyper. I used an apple flavour but might try a roast dinner one nextgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now