Is anyone waiting for their puppy?

(4 Posts)
Unlockable Thu 22-Sep-16 13:53:09

I've been waiting since April, on the breeders list, wouldn't go elsewhere as I trust this one completely.
Puppies will be born October 16th ish and am starting to get excited. It's been a long wait. Anyone else waiting impatiently

boybabies Fri 23-Sep-16 10:52:37

Yes!
I have waited 8 months for a very common breed (border terrier) but I met a lovely breeder at a breed association dog show and I wanted a pup from her very well planned litter.
Our pup has been born, she is 4 weeks old today and we are planning a visit next week.
I've been itching to meet her but the breeder is very strict about not upsetting mum with people coming to handle puppies too young.
What breed are you getting and what is it about the breeder you like?

Unlockable Fri 23-Sep-16 12:36:16

The breeder is actually quite mad, I think. She has 10!! Dogs of her own and it takes 3 adults to look after them all, her, her husband and her son and Then they have extra help at other times too. She's obsessed with the dogs actually. I don't know, I suppose it just felt right. Her dogs obviously adore her and are all generations of the puppy we will get. It's lovely to see them all at different stages of their lives. Her youngest is a year, the oldest is 16 and gets his pick of sofa seats.
We know mummy dog very well now as we've been to se her lots of times ( by invitation) and we've become good friends too. So we will be able to see the puppies when they are tiny - lots of very strict hygiene rules though.
I know the puppy will be raised properly and this ladies whole life is geared around her dog.

What about you? Is your breeder as bonkers as mine? 😀
We are getting an Irish setter. And are very excited

DonttouchthatLarry Tue 27-Sep-16 14:04:35

Yes! We're picking up our flatcoated retriever puppy a week on Saturday - can't wait! Seems ages since we contacted the breeder (had one off her before) and now the time has nearly come grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now