2 year old doberman/rottweiler cross in desperate need of a home

(8 Posts)
Wonderwho Thu 22-Sep-16 10:28:41

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine has ended up looking after a dog after she was abandoned but he can't keep her as his rental contract won't allow it. She is currently in London but he is happy to rehome her anywhere that she is loved/wanted. Her owner abandoned her saying she couldn't cope with her due to pregnancy!! I was hoping the power of mumsnet may be able to help! Thanks!

alloutofnameideas Thu 22-Sep-16 10:36:15

Aaaww poor thing. She looks just like my Rottie cross. I can't help you and I presume all shelters and rescues have been approached. Hope she finds somewhere

2legit2knit Thu 22-Sep-16 10:44:34

Have you tried all the rescues? A pert from Battersea, RSPCA, Blue cross and Dogs Trust there is All Dogs Matter and The Mayhew in London

Wonderwho Thu 22-Sep-16 11:10:46

shelters are the next point of call but he was hoping to find her a home without having to the transition her to a shelter.

2legit2knit Thu 22-Sep-16 12:19:19

Some shelters would rehome the dog straight from his home, they would assess the dog and find a good home for her.

AlcoChocs Thu 22-Sep-16 15:08:59

A rescue would be better than your friend trying to rehome as they would do home visit to check people out and also assess dog properly. Most good rescues will take dog back if adoption doesn't work out.
With DIY rehoming the dog could be sold on if owner's circumstances change and end up as bait for fighting dogs.

MeadowHay Sun 25-Sep-16 15:24:03

Could you give us more information about the dog? E.g. is the dog house trained or have any of its basic training? Is it cat-friendly? How long can she be left for etc?

CreepingDogFart Sun 25-Sep-16 18:02:45

I would absolutely love her and do want a second dog but:
1. I need to wait until my own dog is older before I adopt a second and
2. I have a dog (intact) and she is a bitch.

She looks so lovely though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now