Dog detectives- wee related- please help me figure this out!

(6 Posts)
Yoghurty Mon 19-Sep-16 21:41:09

Yep, another wee thread!

6 year old neutered boy dog, medium breed. Toilet trained from 4/5 months old.
Also have another 7 year old small breed female (don't think it's relevant but want to cover all bases!)

I work part time (always have) and have had the same regular dog walker for the last 2 years.

Over the last 3/4 months, regularly, but not every time, on the 2 days the walker comes in, I've come home to wee puddles. Walker says she's doing nothing different and always makes sure he wees before she throws his ball (he's ball obsessed). I have no real reason to disbelieve her but he only wees on those days- same place in the hallway, outside our bedroom.

They get let out at 6.30am for wees/poos before breakfast, then walked at 8.30am before I leave. Walker comes in at 12.30/1pm, I'm home at 4.30pm.

Took him to the vet to get him checked out, can't find anything wrong, seems in perfect health. He does not have accidents at any other times.

Any ideas? Anything at all? I'm desperate, the floor is warping and I'm worried he's unhappy but have no evidence or idea of what could be happening.

Do you think it's the walker? She can't think/say what's wrong and DH wants to find someone else as he says that we're wasting money paying her to walk them if we then have to clear up after almost every visit.

Thank you so much for any thoughts!

Unlockable Tue 20-Sep-16 09:31:50

I think I'd put a webcam or something to record the video ( even laptop?) where the pee is. That way you can at least see what time it is happening and what the behaviour leading up to it is

Yoghurty Tue 20-Sep-16 09:56:43

Thanks Unlockable. That was something I considered last night, but hadn't considered using the laptop.

Unlockable Tue 20-Sep-16 10:08:25

I think it would put your mind at rest about the dog walker too.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 20-Sep-16 10:11:39

My immediate thought was that the walker has been not turning up on the days your dog wees outside the bedroom. Is there any other behaviour that might suggest they are not being walked at all on these days?

Yoghurty Tue 20-Sep-16 12:50:25

She's definitely turning up as leads have been moved/money I leave for her taken, other dog is 'empty' grin

She's saying that there is no wee when she arrives (he does MASSIVE wees, and what I'm clearing up is only about a quarter of his capacity) so he's doing it once she leaves.

He doesn't have separation anxiety and doesn't do it on days when I work from home and go out/come back- just her days.

Sigh. I think it must be something she's doing/not doing- I'm going to see tonight if I can set the laptop up to record before she walks them tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now