I think my dog has worms but I'm not sure.

(5 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sun 18-Sep-16 19:05:09

None of my dogs have ever had worms so I don't actually know what I'm looking for.
I've just been round the garden on daily poo patrol, noticed that Little dogs poo has what looks like dead maggots in it (small and white). Now, this maggoty poo first appeared on Friday, and initially I thought nothing of it, because the other day she drank out of the outside dog bowl, and then shortly after she drank, I saw that the bowl was full of dead maggots envy so naturally when they appeared in her poo, I assumed that she had swallowed some when she drank from the maggoty water. But a couple of days later and worms/maggots are still in her poo.

Any ideas?

Wolfiefan Sun 18-Sep-16 19:07:14

Don't you regularly give worming tablets and deflea your dogs?

sparechange Sun 18-Sep-16 19:10:14

How often do you collect the poo?
I found a poo with maggots in it a few days ago, but it was a couple of days old and had been missed. I can only assume a fly of some sort had laid eggs in it, because none of her fresh poo have any, and her worming tablets are all up to date

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sun 18-Sep-16 19:12:33

Of course I do hmm but the ratio of these worm/maggoty things in her poo looks to be more than what I assumed she had swallowed. When I found the first poo there were a few in there that I could see, and a couple of days later there are still worm/maggoty things in her poo. If she had swallowed some surely they would have all passed through by now?

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sun 18-Sep-16 19:14:23

Usually daily, but I didn't do it yesterday because I wasn't well and couldn't face walking round the garden hunting for poo. Big dogs poo was clean, and it's only since she drank the maggoty water that I've seen these in her poo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now