How more difficult is 4?

(14 Posts)
gettingtherequickly Mon 12-Sep-16 22:06:37

We have 3 retired greyhounds, they are lovely and suit us.
1 bitch (who rules) and 2 dogs, (1 giddy, 1 placid). 2 are 5 years old and a 4 year old.
We have room for another, and I would love another, but at times I will have to walk them alone. 3 isn't a problem, so I doubt 4 would be.
New dog is very placid, so I might not even have to mention him to DH. grin
Thoughts please, am I turning into mad dog lady?

Blackfellpony Tue 13-Sep-16 08:14:52

I'm currently debating this but with number 3.
My main concern is only having 2 arms but 3 dogs.

Your already outnumbered so you may as well go for it!

Emison Tue 13-Sep-16 21:36:03

We used to have four although ours were all Cavaliers. Two dogs per hand! Seriously, we found having four dogs really wasn't much different than having three. Best of luck with everything smile

Scuttlebutter Tue 13-Sep-16 23:32:46

We had four until recently when we lost our old boy. It's not very different to three - main issues are can you afford it (extra vet's bills, kennel fees, food, extensive coat/collar collection etc...), do you have room in your car/enough sofas for them all and going on holiday. But to be honest it's difficult to find good secure SC accommodation for three, so it's not really that different finding accommodation that will take four.

There is also a step difference in cleaning/housework. Four dogs, especially in winter/wet weather does mean you are endlessly cleaning and with virtually no visual effect!

The positives are wonderful though. smile

gettingtherequickly Sat 01-Oct-16 19:26:40

Thanks all, we got our number 4 today and he's fitting in brilliantly.

So pleased we went for it, although I have already ordered two new collars for him..........this could be expensive grin

gettingtherequickly Sat 01-Oct-16 19:29:45

Here he is, as a black dog he doesn't photo well on a phone, the first is his first settle, the second is after my DH went out, he's waiting for his return......

jardy Sat 01-Oct-16 20:37:30

Truly beautiful xx

Bubble2bubble Sat 01-Oct-16 21:40:42

Wow he's fabulous smile and huge!
We are a four dog household as well - enjoy!

Scuttlebutter Sat 01-Oct-16 22:33:19

Congratulations you won't regret it, and he's absolutely gorgeous. smile

poorpaws Sat 01-Oct-16 23:36:40

I've got three and now I want four! He's gorgeous, I'd love him!

gettingtherequickly Sat 01-Oct-16 23:49:17

We love him!

MidniteScribbler Sun 02-Oct-16 03:51:38

I've got 7. You need another 3 OP :P

gettingtherequickly Tue 04-Oct-16 09:01:58

grin

gettingtherequickly Tue 04-Oct-16 09:02:09

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now