8month cockapoo and night time toileting problem

(7 Posts)
ellamae74 Tue 06-Sep-16 08:07:44

Hello,
I don't know if anybody can give me some advice please.
Our 8 month old cockapoo (girl) is as good as gold, a fab little dog and is very good at letting us know she needs to toilet, and even goes in her designated area in the garden!
However she seems to have got in the habit of messing in the kitchen at night.
She was fine when she was younger but now, most mornings we come down to mess in the kitchen, both wee and poo.
She knows she's done it because when we go down she looks shame faced and keeps her head down.
If we put newspaper down she would use it but we don't want to encourage her to go indoors.
We put her in the garden every night before bed when she has a wee.
We know she can go all night as she used to when she was younger.

She's on all natural wet food that her breeder started her on and we've kept her on it with no problems. She only gets healthy treats during the day while training and no tit bits at all.

Does anybody have any ideas how we can stop her doing this , or at least bark to let us know she wants to go out, which she does during the day.

Apart from it being annoying for us, we're going away soon so she'll be staying with friends, so we obvioulsy don't want her doing this.

Thank you from a very frustrated cockapoo owner!

ellamae74 Wed 07-Sep-16 07:58:11

Anybody?

flanjabelle Wed 07-Sep-16 08:02:53

It could be a bit of separation anxiety. Not sure what to do about it though.

Pippin8 Wed 07-Sep-16 20:22:52

Was she ever crate trained? It might be an idea to go back to that if so.

No dog I've ever had has messed where it slept, unless it was very ill. And then they cried or bark to be let out.

uppitywho Sat 10-Sep-16 11:41:43

I am in regressive toilet training with 5 month cockapoo. Started well almost perfect now overnight and in last week pooping in kitchen. This morning he went outside and came back in to pee!!! Went back to crate last night which worked . Our trouble is he makes no noise though. Only by chance we heard a tiny whine to go out in the night.

MyKingdomForBrie Sat 10-Sep-16 11:43:26

I would say crate is probably the only option here, he will really not want to mess in his crate so will hold it.

ellamae74 Mon 12-Sep-16 08:13:54

Thanks for all your replies.
It must be the magic of Mumsnet but since I posted this, there have been no accidents! Fingers crossed that'a the end of it, I do hope so.
She was crate trained but i doubt that she'd fit in her crate now, so hopefully we won't need to go down that route.
I'm putting it down to her "teenage" phase so with a bit of luck we're through it now.
Thanks again for your replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now