Yeast infection?

(3 Posts)
Themoleisdead Fri 26-Aug-16 13:06:05

Ddog2 has a musty/corn chip smell that I recognise from my old lab and think may be a yeast infection. I took her to the vet last week (before I had noticed and identified the smell) and she got a clean bill of health. Her ears are clear but she is slightly more itchy than usual. When my lab had this her skin became very red and sore, the vet recommended Malaseb (?sp) shampoo and the lab had injections for allergies which helped and possibly a steroid injection to help with the itching (not sure about this as it was some years ago). Ddog2 is not at the stage and I wondered whether there were any supplements that I could give her or something I could do to prevent this escalating.

Themoleisdead Fri 26-Aug-16 17:11:38

Bump

ArtyKitty Sun 28-Aug-16 08:48:31

Im not sure how useful is as yours sounds a different kind of thing, but when my girl got a yeast infection after cutting her paw and having to wear a protective boot for a week and a half, i had to bathe it with salt water. However, at that point she was no longer wearing the boot which was probably the main factor in it getting better so fast!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now