My Chihuahua x Pit bull for *NeedACleverNN*

(28 Posts)
NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Aug-16 15:23:42

Hello,

In light of recent news regarding dog attacks on the UK, I mentioned that I have a Chihuahua x Pit bull (I'm in Canada and had her since before the ban in 2005, so she's grandfathered) NeedACleverNN requested a pic, and it felt wrong to post one there. And for some reason I couldn't link it to PM.

So, here she is. Feel free to share pics of your lovely pups!

NeedACleverNN Fri 19-Aug-16 15:24:36

Oh wow!! What an unusual combination. She's beautiful

I'm guessing mum was the pitbull??

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Aug-16 15:27:13

I hope so but tbh I'm not sure! She's a rescue- she was just a puppy and she'd be euthanized under the ban act of she wasn't adopted.

12 years later, she's my old girl...

gamerchick Fri 19-Aug-16 15:28:15

My brain is struggling with the conception part hafta admit grin

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Aug-16 15:29:52

I know...poor Chihuahua mum if that's the case!

Though I wouldn't be shocked. When it comes to both breeds people can be very irresponsible.

NeedACleverNN Fri 19-Aug-16 15:29:54

If a rottie and a westie can make wotties, pihuhua can exist grin

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Aug-16 15:30:56

I've heard them be called Chipit grin

NeedACleverNN Fri 19-Aug-16 15:33:47

You say potato I say potahto

iklboo Fri 19-Aug-16 15:38:21

Chipit grin

tabulahrasa Fri 19-Aug-16 16:14:26

The pit bull must be the mum surely...I mean, pit bull wouldn't have ever have entered my head when looking at your dog, and I'm not terrible at guessing crosses, lol.

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Aug-16 16:45:46

Yes, she's tiny. And again, I'd hope the pit bull was the mum. Just for mechanical sake.

tabulahrasa Fri 19-Aug-16 16:49:47

Oh yes, obviously...

I more meant though, if it wasn't her mum, they'd never have put her down as a pit bull cross, surely? grin

She's clearly a chi cross, but but you'd never guess what with if someone didn't actually know by looking at her.

Out of sheer nosiness does she have behavioural traits particularly like either breed?

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Aug-16 16:57:35

She's yappy and territorial like a Chihuahua. But also very people oriented and active like a Pit. (But, Chi's love people too)

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Aug-16 17:03:11

Oh, and dog aggressive. Like both.

tabulahrasa Fri 19-Aug-16 17:05:36

Lol, I've never met a chi that was dog friendly to dogs outside their household, I'm assured they exist though.

I've never met a pit bull at all...not hugely surprising over here. They're fairly similar personality wise to the other bull terriers though?

MiddleClassProblem Fri 19-Aug-16 17:07:00

❤️

ArmyInRed Fri 19-Aug-16 17:09:08

She looks a right little character!

90daychallenger Fri 19-Aug-16 17:11:14

Those ears!!

We know a dog in the park which is a Chihuahu crossed with a bull lurcher.

She seems to change everyday. One day she'll be looking just like a Chihuahu then the next very obviously a lurcher.

SIK from a previous job has a pitbull with a licence, he's muzzled etc. He's a big fat softie and is completely under the thumb of my rescue border terrier. Her JRT however is a complete psycho

90daychallenger Fri 19-Aug-16 17:11:41

Those ears!!

We know a dog in the park which is a Chihuahu crossed with a bull lurcher.

She seems to change everyday. One day she'll be looking just like a Chihuahu then the next very obviously a lurcher.

SIK from a previous job has a pitbull with a licence, he's muzzled etc. He's a big fat softie and is completely under the thumb of my rescue border terrier. Her JRT however is a complete psycho

SanityClause Fri 19-Aug-16 17:11:55

How would a chihuahua impregnate a pit bull? The mind boggles!

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Aug-16 17:14:03

grin she is. I love her. And though she's a loudmouth who quite literally needs a muzzle, once you know her you can't help but fall in love.

Yes, bull terrier types. Very dominant personality, smart, but stubborn.

Chihuahua was a whole new ball game for me. They definitely have that small dog syndrome.

tabulahrasa Fri 19-Aug-16 17:14:32

Sanity - you get bigger size differences than that...often JRT, they seem to get about a bit and be determined, lol

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Aug-16 17:15:52

My Dad has a JRT, my mum has a Yorkie. I'd take a Pit over both any day.

RoseDog Fri 19-Aug-16 17:18:28

She is so cute, you can clearly see the two breeds in her although the mind boggles at how her parents mated!!

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 19-Aug-16 17:21:20

My husband jokes that "such a ridiculous creature wasn't created out of love." grin

He loves her, really. I swear she's going to steal my husband right from under me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now