Urgent question regarding harness in car

(7 Posts)
notarehearsal Mon 15-Aug-16 06:30:54

Due to leave for a long journey with one terrier tomorrow morning. I live rurally and won't have time to get to any shops. I can't find terrier's harness. So I have her ordinary collar ( and lead of course) and the seatbelt attachment. Is there a way I can improvise and make a harness so that the poor dog isn't strangled by the seatbelt attachment being attached to her collar? I did google this but was rather confused with the answers

TallulahTheTiger Mon 15-Aug-16 06:35:45

Is she normally well behaved? Once ended up with dog on the gear stick having escaped her collar!

PirateFairy45 Mon 15-Aug-16 06:37:20

Buy a dog harness? Good luck!

TallulahTheTiger Mon 15-Aug-16 06:37:27

Do you have a dog crate you could pop in boot?

MaitlandGirl Mon 15-Aug-16 06:53:43

I think you might have to stop at a shop on the way and buy a harness. I would be comfortable using a seat belt attachment onto a collar for a long journey.

WyldFyre Mon 15-Aug-16 07:14:04

I second getting a harness of crate.
If you have to brake sharply you could strangle your dog or even break her neck!

notarehearsal Mon 15-Aug-16 07:18:58

Yes think I need to stop on the way really! Have had such fun and games trying to follow a youtube vid showing how to turn dog lead into a harness! Poor dog thinks she's been just about to go for a walk for the past half and hour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now