My ex has our dog . . . and she's dying

(6 Posts)
greatscott81 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:37:40

When I met my ex, he had a gorgeous 8 year old terrier. We acquired another (equally gorgeous) terrier (from the same line) about 4 years later. I am now separated from my ex but we took one dog each (they both had their preferred people). His dog is now cancer riddled and is dying. I am so sad, we are very amicable and he happily let me say my goodbyes. She was my first ever dog and I am so sad. It is probably a bit pathetic but I can't quite fathom the idea of not seeing her again.

TheoriginalLEM Thu 28-Jul-16 22:40:47

flowers how awful for you. I am so glad you got to say goodbye. Will she be pts? could you bear to be with her?

BurningBridges Thu 28-Jul-16 22:42:05

No one here will say you are pathetic, many of us have been there - how old is she now? I am glad you got to say your goodbyes, its something that's difficult to prepare for.

EasyToEatTiger Thu 28-Jul-16 22:42:07

A bit of handholding. And lots of (((((((hugs)))))). It is not pathetic at all. Thoughts are with you.

greatscott81 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:47:38

Thank you so much. The plan is for her to pts on Saturday when my daughter comes home to me. My darling old girl is 16 so has reached a cracking age. I offered to go to the vets with him but he declined and I've asked to help bury her but he hasn't got back to me yet. I had gorgeous cuddles with her this morning but I can't believe that'll be the last time I hold her.

TheoriginalLEM Thu 28-Jul-16 22:49:21

oh, thats hard for you. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now