My dog was poisoned last night

(12 Posts)
TheLongRains Mon 25-Jul-16 22:24:48

I don't usually come into this board, as my dog was living with my in-laws overseas, so I haven't seen him in about four months, but I got a message today to say that he was poisoned, along with their other dogs, last night. He died. As did one of my in-laws two own dogs. The third (a big hefty guard dog) survived, though it's uncertain whether he avoided it entirely or just didn't ingest enough to harm him.

This was my first dog, and he wasn't even two years old yet. He was a gorgeous little thing, and was the friendliest dog I've known (he was a useless guard dog though, and that was the reason we'd got him in the first place smile he used to just lick everyone who came to the gate).

I'm so angry that people think it's ok to poison dogs just so they can then steal. As if stealing isn't a bad enough crime. "oh, we were just going to break into your property, but your pets got in the way so we killed them along the way". Makes me so mad. And really sad that I'll not see him again. I feel awful that we weren't there, though I know there would be nothing I could have done sad

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Mon 25-Jul-16 23:42:15

Oh I'm so sorry, how absolutely awful. You're right, these people are utter shits. I hope they get caught. Your poor dogs. sad

OrlandaFuriosa Tue 26-Jul-16 00:48:28

Oh I'm so, so sorry. Poor little thing, poor things. Poor you too. Really awful when you have given your heart to a dog to share.

peppercold Tue 26-Jul-16 01:35:03

How horrible poor thing. sad

lolalament Tue 26-Jul-16 02:18:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ophiotaurus Tue 26-Jul-16 02:27:22

What a disgusting thing to say lolalament.
So sorry about your dog and your in laws dog op flowers

WhereTheFuckIsMyFuckingCoat Tue 26-Jul-16 02:30:32

Reported lolament, disgusting thing to say to someone who is grieving their dog. If you can't say anything nice, etc.

So sorry, OP, horrible nasty thing to happen flowers

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Tue 26-Jul-16 03:02:16

I'm so sorry, OP. That is a terrible thing to happen.

Lola - words fail me. What the hell is wrong with you?

Strokethefurrywall Tue 26-Jul-16 03:07:37

Cunt of the day goes to lola - well done on being a troll.

I do hope you are one, or else you're just a massive cunt.

TheLongRains Tue 26-Jul-16 05:57:05

Thanks for the kind words. Sadly I doubt they'd be caught, as this is common in the country they're in, and the police aren't really interested. They didn't steal much, and didn't manage to get into the house, so the police will likely shrug it off. Hopefully they will be caught one day though, if they continue breaking into people's homes, so perhaps justice will catch up with them.

Lolament, they're on a different continent! We have to be overseas for this period of time for work! It's a 16hr flight! I'm in a cross cultural marriage, which will always mean half of our family and friends, and in this instance our dog, are on the other side of the world. So by your logic if any of my family or friends were to die, and they happen to be in the country I've not been in for a while, I have no right to grieve them?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 26-Jul-16 11:35:08

Ignore her Rains, she's not worth it. Some people don't seem to have any boundaries.

Horehound Tue 26-Jul-16 11:53:12

Oh god OP so sorry you have lost your little dog. That is so horrible. I'm sure he is up in dog heaven playing with loads of balls, chasing rabbits and licking faces up there smile

Lolalament Why even come on this thread to say that? How horrible of you.
I look after my parents dog as they were in one country and had to move but it's not safe to take dogs there so I have her now in Scotland. I can tell you my parents miss her very much and if anything happened to her they would be devastated. I will be sad to give her back when they return. It's not "out of sight, out of mind" you heartless cow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now