Anyone seen this before???

(8 Posts)
Wombat87 Wed 13-Jul-16 00:27:57

Hey! So Pugboy has a vet appointment for tomorrow PM - 3 lumps that are away from the muscle, just skin deep... Both my dogs have had Mast Cell tumours removed so I assumed it was that. But I was just going back over him to check I could find the lumps and found a fourth!!! But it wasn't like the others. It was obviously something at some point and can't have been around very long as I do check them regularly, maybe i missed it, but it's right at the top of his ear where it joins his forehead.

I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this. Periodically he gets what I think of as psoriasis in very tiny amounts - nothing like this, just hard tiny lumps of skin that the hair goes through and I dont notice them till they've come loose - 2 or 3 hairs at the most, but this is a beast and its left a little hole behind. Anyone have any ideas?? He's going tomorrow afternoon so will hopefully know more, but just curious and worried my dog has a shit load of tumours

Wombat87 Wed 13-Jul-16 00:28:41

And this one. Wtf?!

justdontevenfuckingstart Wed 13-Jul-16 00:32:25

Wet eczema (sp) possibly?

Wombat87 Wed 13-Jul-16 00:40:33

I have no idea. The wound is wet, but his fur is wet because when I was looking at the scab it was coming away. I gently pulled and it all came off - so i trimmed the hair around it to get the air to it and dry it out and dabbed it with some salt water just to clean the area. Normally the skin bits are dry and the one in the bag is a solid and hard lump. I think you're right - eczema ish type thing. He's such a lovely stoic boy, doesn't fuss at all when you're doing this stuff.

Studious Wed 13-Jul-16 00:42:50

Could it be hot spots? I had terrible trouble with ddog and this for over a year once it took hold.
I hope the vet can shed some light for you tomorrow.

Studious Wed 13-Jul-16 00:44:33

m.petmd.com/dog/care/evr_hot_spots_what_are_they#

Any help?

justdontevenfuckingstart Wed 13-Jul-16 00:46:35

We had some antibiotics and a lotion to wash with, it was an allergic reaction to a bite. Wet because he kept licking it. Might be similar?They can give a steroid injection but my boy was having none of it at the time (already annoyed big dog) Hope is all ok tomorrow.

Wombat87 Wed 13-Jul-16 00:52:12

Yes studious it's similar to that, but it's actual lumps that eventually grow off and come loose, this one is just so flippin big! I'm sure he's fine - I'm leaning to hoping it's a skin condition that requires local treatment or a little jab like what just has mentioned, rather than a mast cell, nasty bastards they are, they've had 4 between them already. He's def not been licking these as they're not in places fat pugs with no snouts can reach - even if that pug did yoga smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now