dogs in cars

(7 Posts)
BusyNothings Sun 03-Jul-16 11:57:11

What kind of temp would you think it's okay to leave a dog in a car?

I'm in my local town for an optician appt and spotted a dog in the boot of a black car. The weather is changing from full sun to cloudy every couple of minutes. Outside temp about 18. Inside my car the thermometer is reading 23 after being sat here for 25 minutes. I have no idea how long this dog has been in this car would you call the police?

Thattimeofyearagain Sun 03-Jul-16 11:58:25

Yes I would.

AlpacaLypse Sun 03-Jul-16 11:59:23

So would I.

Jeremysfavouriteaunt Sun 03-Jul-16 12:01:11

I would too, I had to about a dog left in a car in waitrose, it was gasping for breath and left in full sun. Unfortunately the idiot owner was allowed to keep it.

BusyNothings Sun 03-Jul-16 12:19:05

Thank you for your replies. I'd already called the police but was panicking in the wait that I was just being a trouble maker.

Police and owners turned up almost at exactly the same time. They lied and said only been gone 10 minutes. She checked the dog it was hot and panting and insisted on him having some water. She's had a word with them and taken details to check on them.

I'm a bit shaken tbh I always said I'd never ignore anything like that if I saw it buts a bit different in person.

Jeremysfavouriteaunt Sun 03-Jul-16 12:21:57

Well done Busy, I get what you are saying as so many people think it's not their business. People in the wrong often get aggressive too. We have to look out for our animal friends that are suffering.

BusyNothings Sun 03-Jul-16 12:57:33

Definitely. I have a big doggy family all my close and extended family have dogs and we are very much involved in rescues etc. It just makes me angry that people think it's ok.

It was an older couple and they made a comment about meddling young idiots and back in their day. I just ignored them and let the Bobby deal with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now