How long to wear the Cone of Shame?

(6 Posts)
bowbear Thu 19-May-16 14:48:05

My little dog cut his back and has ended up with an infection in the wound. He's had antibiotics and steroid cream and the wound has now scabbed over. He is not impressed with his cone and I feel so bad for him as he bumps into everything and tries to paw it off! I forgot to ask the vet when it would be ok to take his cone off - not sure if I need to wait until the scab has gone....any ideas?
x

Veterinari Thu 19-May-16 14:53:21

If you can supervise him to effectively prevent him from licking then you can remove it for those periods of time. But it will need to be on until healed if you aren't

Could you put him in a t-shirt, to stop him getting at the scab? That's what we did when ddog1 was spayed - it seemed better than the collar, and kept her from getting at the wound.

bowbear Thu 19-May-16 17:02:22

thank you for your suggestions....a t shirt might work well and I'm sure he'd be a lot happier!

Here is Coco, modelling her t-shirt, after her op!

bowbear Thu 19-May-16 19:19:30

Looking very chic! I'll have to dig through DS old clothes to find a t shirt small enoughsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now