Tongue worm - a happy update

(7 Posts)
partystress Sun 15-May-16 20:36:00

For those of you who were so lovely and supportive back in February when our new rescue dog turned out to have this bizaare parasite.... She is home! After three months in quarantine back at the rescue centre and lots of testing, she has been declared safe to be rehomed and no threat to humans, dogs or livestock. She seems to remember us all and has fitted right back in.

It turned out some other dogs in the group she travelled with were also infected, so it does appear that some caution is needed with dogs brought in from overseas. Ivermectin seems to have been an effective remedy and the latest expert advice is that it cannot pass dog to dog, or dog to human, so we are going to relax and enjoy her.

Noitsnotteatimeyet Sun 15-May-16 20:55:28

smile what a lovely update - I hope you all have many happy years together

Bubble2bubble Sun 15-May-16 20:57:35

Remember it well.
How fantastic - delighted for you smile

Floralnomad Sun 15-May-16 21:38:59

Excellent news congratulations .

StillYummy Sun 15-May-16 21:40:34

Aww, I am so pleased. I was thinking about you a few days ago wondering how you got on.

EasyToEatTiger Sun 15-May-16 22:10:51

What a brilliant outcome. I am really happy for you. I remember your previous thread. Hooray for diggerdog and for all the people who have been there for her. Yippee! Another delighted person!grin

MeadowHay Mon 16-May-16 13:38:58

So glad to hear this, I thought about you every time someone on here mentions adopting from abroad. Your story has completely put me off that idea.

I'm very glad your pup is now healthy and returned back to its rightful place in your family. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now