puppy chained by neck to washing line - RSPCA not bothered

(36 Posts)
Flumplet Sun 08-May-16 09:53:49

So the absolute knob 2 doors up has bought himself a new puppy - must be 10-12 weeks old, and has chained it by its neck to a long washing line. I've reported it to RSPCA before and they're not bothered. It's sat out there yelping and crying and getting tangled in the chain, and I feel so angry it makes me want to cry. Is there anyone else that does what the RSPCA are meant to do?

thebabydances Sun 08-May-16 09:59:09

Could try the local dog warden? Or the council maybe? Mention the noise it is making as well

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sun 08-May-16 10:01:59

Dogs Trust might be able to help - or at least point you in the right direction.

I'd also go for publically shaming the RSPCA cause they're a bunch of money-grabbing ineffective uncaring bastards.

olafforthewin Sun 08-May-16 10:05:53

I think as long as it has access to water and is fed then it's fine to chain your dog up. And puppies do yelp and cry.

Flumplet Sun 08-May-16 10:07:38

The puppy could easily hang itself ola.

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Sun 08-May-16 10:09:37

Ffs olafforthewin it's a tiny puppy. It's just left its mother and needs comforting and actual looking after. Chaining it outside is cruel especially at this age. I would definitely contact the dog warden as it looks like your neighbour needs educating in animal care at least.

Hedgehog80 Sun 08-May-16 10:10:27

I'm not a dog owner and know nothing about puppies but how can that be ok to chain up a dog ola?

Even with access to food and water it's still only a baby-surely it needs live and interaction and to feel part of a family? To be inside and properly looked after? Won't it damage it mentally to feel not part of a family? Like I said I know nothing about dogs but doesn't seem right. It's hot as well does the puppy have some shade?

Hedgehog80 Sun 08-May-16 10:10:40

Love not live

Flumplet Sun 08-May-16 10:11:28

Our dog warden not interested they refer cruelty to RSPCA who are also not interested.

Flumplet Sun 08-May-16 10:13:24

The back garden is shaded at the moment but this afternoon when the sun come over the house it won't be. I can't see water or food. It's still crying. I've been down to them before but they just pretend they can't speak English then call the police and say I'm being racist. sad

Flumplet Sun 08-May-16 10:16:00

Just because I can't see food or water btw doesn't mean it's not there, I just can't see it. I just worry it's going to harm itself because it keeps getting tangled up in the chain.

Hedgehog80 Sun 08-May-16 10:16:20

Poor little puppy sad

We put our rabbit out yesterday in his run partly in shade yesterday whilst cleaning hutch out and he was too hot after 10mins panting and thirsty so had to put him back. It was this time of day too so it will def be too hot for a puppy and also if no food or water sad
Is there not a gap in the fence you could put something through ? A bowl of water ?

Hedgehog80 Sun 08-May-16 10:16:58

Hopefully there is some food and water somewhere

Flumplet Sun 08-May-16 10:18:02

For info - sorry for drip feeding - it was yelping for at least 2 hours before I fell asleep last night and woke me up yelping this morning so looks like it's been out there by itself all night.

Flumplet Sun 08-May-16 10:18:58

It's 2 doors up so I can't access it unfortunately.

GissASquizz Sun 08-May-16 10:20:09

I'd remove the puppy, hand it in to the local no kill rescue and let them think it escaped.

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Sun 08-May-16 10:22:46

Christ. I couldn't just leave it. I know it's wrong but I'd go and get the dog.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sun 08-May-16 10:23:12

That's terrible - are the RSPCA still not interested now that it's been all night?

Flumplet Sun 08-May-16 10:23:37

I can't get in there I'd love to but I can't!

GissASquizz Sun 08-May-16 10:25:50

Can you film it? Just keep reporting. Possibly approach the local paper? Any neighbours that would help you? Can you tell the breed of the puppy? A local rescue might help.

NoahVale Sun 08-May-16 10:25:53

sad

so what if they call you racist op.
let them call the police.
or call the police yourself.
animal cruelty.

BadDoGooder Sun 08-May-16 10:29:35

Poor puppy.
If you can't get access op, can someone else you know?

This has made me unbelievably angry, no ola it is absolutely not ok to chain a tiny puppy to a washing line ffs.

If you are anywhere near me op, I will come and get it, pls tell me you are SE.

BadDoGooder Sun 08-May-16 10:31:14

I know it's wrong to bust into somones house, but I have taken mistreated dogs before and would do it again. (No come back btw, people who treat their sogs like shit won't call the police)

FenellaMaxwell Sun 08-May-16 10:32:29

Ditto - please can you say where you are, there must a mumsnetter who can come and help you to take it?!

Flumplet Sun 08-May-16 10:33:53

I've had a lot of shit from these people before now. Good call on contacting a local rescue for advice I'm going to do that now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now