anyone on the pedigree trial?

(4 Posts)
idontlikealdi Wed 04-May-16 18:32:57

Ddog had an upset stomach two weeks ago, pooing in the house which he hates. Cleared up after 24 hours. Apparently he has just done it again (diarreah, carpets - lovely).

Could it be the food, anyone else had issues with it?

He did catch a toad on Sunday and managed to chew a bit of its legs but if that was going to upset his stomach before now.

Don't want a debate about the rights and wrongs of pedigree please - just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue before we go off to the vet.

dementedpixie Wed 04-May-16 19:48:42

My sisters dog gets the runs with pedigree chum tins as did her neighbours dog

Wyldfyre Wed 04-May-16 20:08:13

I don't think it's possible to answer your question about the rights and wrongs of the brand as the two are highly likely to be linked.
Pedigrees major ingredient is wheat which a lot of dogs are intolerant to. It also lacks any real protein - which is needed for firm poos.
Give scrambled eggs for now to bind him up a bit.
I do recommend changing as its obviously not agreeing with him.
Take a look at allaboutdogfood.co.uk. Go for nothing less than a 3 out of 5. Look for one with a named meat source as one of the first three ingredients and avoid anything with maize or wheat as many dogs are intolerant.
Price is not an indication of quality - there are plenty of poor foods with a top price tag.
In my view one of the best price to quality ratios is Skinners Field and Trial as its about the same price as Bakers/Pedigree/Wagg but far superior quality.

Wyldfyre Wed 04-May-16 20:08:46

*without talking about the rights and wrongs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now