looking for a solution

(9 Posts)
Skivvywoman Wed 27-Apr-16 13:26:18

My poor wee baby got into a fight last night with a huge dog and got his neck torn had go under anesethetic to be stitched! Got him home this morning and he's to wear a jumper to cover wound but his jumpers are too low to cover it any idea what I can cover it with? It's at the throat area!

CMOTDibbler Wed 27-Apr-16 13:30:54

How big is he round the neck? A snood made of part of the leg of a pair of leggings would work - just measure his neck and cut the relevant part of the leg off. Or if he's tiny, cut the foot off a sock to make one similarly

Skivvywoman Wed 27-Apr-16 13:36:51

He's a yorkie but huge maybe size of a westie!

That's a good idea with leggings only problem is the wound goes down his chest with a drain (that comes out tomorrow) so he could still scratch it! Poor wee guy lying shaking and crying sad

Skivvywoman Wed 27-Apr-16 13:36:55

He's a yorkie but huge maybe size of a westie!

That's a good idea with leggings only problem is the wound goes down his chest with a drain (that comes out tomorrow) so he could still scratch it! Poor wee guy lying shaking and crying sad

CMOTDibbler Wed 27-Apr-16 14:18:01

Then cut a longer length and make holes for his front legs, or put his jumper on over it

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 27-Apr-16 14:45:07

Yes cut a long piece of leg so it goes from his ears right down along his body and cut out two little holes for his front legs. Poor little man.

Skivvywoman Wed 27-Apr-16 14:50:35

Thank you both ill do that now!

TheDogsCat Thu 28-Apr-16 00:50:44

Maybe stick the legging for his neck under a jumper?

When my golden got abdominal surgery he was a pain with the stitches, plus he's too big for dog clothing. He ended up wearing at shirt, leggings (with hole cut for his tail), socks, a cone and a basket muzzle. He was not impressed, but it worked better than any all-in-one solution I could find. Just watch for overheating if you're dressing him in anything thick.

As the stitches heal, you could try just using a chew deterrent spray on the area when he's supervised. It hurts if it's sprayed in the wound, but spraying it around the edge v v carefully could be enough. The one I use is proven to be safe for wound management.

KittyBeans72 Sat 30-Apr-16 19:48:31

saw a whippet wearing a snood and it was the most elegant thing ever. she looked like Elizabeth Taylor in her diamonds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now