Puppy ate football

(5 Posts)
nosuchnumber Sun 03-Apr-16 17:40:55

5 month old BC.
Not sure when or how (she literally seems glued to my side) but found large chunks of leather she had vomited up in her pen this morning. Then found half eaten football in the garden. She seems fine: eating, drinking playing etc. Can I assume all is gone or should I take her to vets?

Joolly2 Tue 05-Apr-16 13:11:25

Just seen your post. Hope your puppy is OK. My dog eats all manner of unsuitable things. They always end up coming out of one end or the other!

LimeJellyHead Wed 06-Apr-16 11:28:55

Yes, same here. My terriers have always eaten bits of balls and toys. One even ate an entire leather boot once. It all comes out one way or the other. As long as it is not string or stitching or anything that could cause agro and get stuck. If she is eating, drinking and playing then all sounds well. More may come out yet though. Our Berkeley would eventually throw up all sorts of bits of toys that we hadn't seen for months, all worm smooth in his guts, lol.

tinymeteor Wed 06-Apr-16 16:38:02

Puppies! Eating stupid stuff is such a speciality.

If she's eating and pooing normally you're probably fine. If the food is bouncing every time she eats then you'll want the vet to check for a gut obstruction.

nosuchnumber Wed 06-Apr-16 20:57:08

Thanks all smile
I think she's fine. She had me worried for a while though. She seems to really like shredding things but I had not realised how much she had actually eaten... it has started coming out the other end now too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now