Food for a small dog

(6 Posts)
Gummygummygumdrops Fri 01-Apr-16 22:22:57

I have a small dog, chiahuaha crossed with a Chinese crested!

When I first got her, she was weened with a mix of wet and dry food. However about 8 months ago I realised she was putting on a bit too much weight, and I decided to slowly cut down on the wet food and try to move onto dry food only. This seemed to work and now she seems like she doesn't need the wet food at all.

Now I'm wondering what food would be the best quality for her. She's currently on the Royal canin chiahuaha mix. Which was will eat, but doesn't gobble it up.

Thank you in advance!

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 01-Apr-16 22:33:27

The All About Dog Food website is quite good. It gives info on ingredients, nutritional value and a five start rating.

WasWildatHeart Fri 01-Apr-16 23:14:14

Our dog has Eden small kibble. Very healthy.

Chorltonswheelies422 Fri 01-Apr-16 23:28:09

Go raw. My cavalier loves her raw food - she gets a big variety and it's brilliant to see how excited she at feeding time. Our local pet shop stocks nAture by nurture - chicken carcasses, salmon, lamb hearts, marrow bones, oxtail, chicken legs etc. All frozen so you just defrost it overnight.

Summerwood1 Sat 02-Apr-16 23:16:08

We have AATU recommended by allaboutdogfood. It's 80/20 food which are in small biscuits,my dog loves it. Was on Millie's before but decided to change.

Princesspeach1980 Sun 03-Apr-16 17:42:45

My chihuahua eats aatu as well, he loves it and is really thriving on it. I started on Royal Canin when I got him, but the reviews on it were awful when I did some reading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now