Any vets around? Can't find the duty vet and can't say if this is serious

(8 Posts)
MeMySonAndl Fri 25-Mar-16 14:21:21

My dog was spayed about 5 months ago, she healed quickly but over the mon't there have been a growth under the scar, which has been checked by the vet a couple of months ago and deemed not to be anything serious.

This morning it looks like in the photo below, dog is herself and jumping around like a squirrel, as she always do. I am trying to find the vet but no luck yet.

If there is any vet around, could you please let me know if I should panic and start ringing other practices for an urgent appointment?

Thank you.

MeMySonAndl Fri 25-Mar-16 14:23:45

I think this is a better photo

Peaceandloveeveryone Fri 25-Mar-16 14:28:37

Looks sore, I am hoping a vet might be around to advise. These things always seem to happen on a bank holiday don't they? Is your vet open on Saturdays?

MeMySonAndl Fri 25-Mar-16 14:30:17

I hope they are, they normally open on a Saturday and the recording doesn't mention anything about being closed tomorrow. But nobody is picking the phone at the moment.

SirVixofVixHall Fri 25-Mar-16 15:45:49

Did she have dissolving stitches? It looks as though she has an issue around where a stitch was put in, perhaps something is there and working its way to the surface.

SirVixofVixHall Fri 25-Mar-16 15:47:58

Sorry pressed too soon! -Or maybe she has been nibbling the area? It does look like infection brewing, so it probably is worth seeing a vet, although whether you need to be seen today, or it can wait until tomorrow morning I can't say.

Madbengalmum Fri 25-Mar-16 15:48:06

It looks more like a hot spot to me.
Have you tried bathing it with diluted hibiscrub or similar? It will certainly do your dog no harm and if it is sore or infected sort out the issue.

MeMySonAndl Sat 26-Mar-16 23:33:20

Thank you for your suggestions. Managed to contact the duty vet on Friday, who as SirVix said, thought there were the stitches coming to the surface. He also thought the lump was going to burst on its own and to disenfrct it when it happened.

It finally happened today, so the lump is slowly going down but still pretty red. So I guess I will need to keep it clean until it heals. (Otherwise back to the vet for antibiotics as soon as they open again)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now