Getting a puppy

(5 Posts)
5608Carrie Fri 26-Feb-16 17:52:07

We have been looking into getting a puppy for sometime. Our beautiful Beardie died at Halloween.

He wasn't our first dog (he was a rescue) but it's 20 years since Dh and I have had a puppy.

Most days there is one of us Dh, Dd (aged 16) or me here 24/7. the puppy we want has just become available but on March 8th I have to go on a course. Puppy will be 13 weeks so what do I do?

A we don't get this puppy. (This is a good puppy from a good breeder).

B We get this puppy and get a puppy sitter (ie. I leave my newborn with somebody they don't know).

C Somebody on Mumsnet has a better idea?

The puppy is a crossbreed Maltese / Bichon frise.

So can I have the wisdom of your advice / experience?

crabiethefirst Fri 26-Feb-16 17:57:14

I have two dogs and have had them from puppies. About 3 weeks after getting my 2nd I had to go away unexpectedly and got a puppy sitter to look after them both. I suffered worse than he did! He had a great time. They are experts and know what to do OP. Your worrying over a minute, insignificant detail.

nmg85 Fri 26-Feb-16 18:02:32

We had to get a puppy sitter at about that time. The puppy sitter came round to visit when I was there and I knew instantly it would all be okay as pup was v happy and content. We still use the same person if I am out for more then 4 hours now and you can see how excited she is to see her each time.

5608Carrie Fri 26-Feb-16 18:09:10

Lol, I think you are right. I am a little nervous as my last dog was huge in comparison to what this tiny baby is going to be size wise.

Claraoswald36 Fri 26-Feb-16 20:15:07

Ask the breeder if they will hang on to it until after the course?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now