Handholding please

(6 Posts)
Noitsnotteatimeyet Fri 19-Feb-16 23:15:45

Ddog is in the emergency clinic at the Royal veterinary college

Dh took him for a walk this afternoon and he darted into the woods and ate 'something' - it was dark so he couldn't see what it was

Almost immediately he started drooling and retching and was obviously in discomfort

We took him to our vets who's referred him here - something has got stuck deep in his oesophagus. They're going to try endoscopy but if that doesn't work they'll have to operate sad

Cirsium Fri 19-Feb-16 23:18:23

Poor DDog, why do they do such silly things. Everything crossed for a good outcome for you. flowers

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 19-Feb-16 23:27:01

Oh poor thing. I really hope everything goes ok. flowers & brew. So scary, for you & them!

Cirsium Because they're like perpetual toddlers! My eldest DC swallowed a 2p that lodged in her oesophagus when she was 3 & had to be operated on

Noitsnotteatimeyet Sat 20-Feb-16 02:59:17

He's going to be ok (phew) and thankfully they got it out without surgery (it was an apple..grrr)

He's in recovery- I'm shattered confused

FastWindow Sat 20-Feb-16 03:11:37

Glad to hear it. Scary times. No biskwits for a while. smile

Cirsium Sun 21-Feb-16 00:59:15

Good news.

Very true Bernards. Although I've never know a toddler swallow 2 corn on the cob whole, complete with spikes in the ends. DB and me were in big trouble for not clearing the table as we had been told to and were made to check the Rough Collie's poo for the spikes coming out. Daft dog was fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now