What is your dogs favourite game?

(16 Posts)
Roseberrry Fri 19-Feb-16 08:22:26

I have these dried out fillets of meat that I put right at the bottom of an old slipper, ddog can spend a good half hour running round like a loon with a slipper on the end of his nose trying to get it out!

He also loves a game I picked up on here where I hide treats around the house and tell him to go find them.

What are your dogs favourite games?

SunnyL Fri 19-Feb-16 08:23:31

Getting in the way. She can play it for hours.

rumbleinthrjungle Fri 19-Feb-16 08:26:20

Unwrapping a sock tightly rolled up around another sock with a treat inside the toe. That takes her a few minutes to unwrap, after which she helpfully brings the sock to you for a refill.

ThatsNotMyRabbit Fri 19-Feb-16 08:27:44

Tuggie.

Especially when she wins. I make a huge deal of acting impressed - gasping and going "You won!! You're so strong!! Omg! How did you manage that?! Right, you're not getting it this time...."

She's always dead impressed with herself 😄

PeppaPigStinks Fri 19-Feb-16 09:00:10

Getting my shoes from the cupboard and chewing them to bits. Four people live in our house - she has only ever chewed mine!

AnUtterIdiot Fri 19-Feb-16 09:04:59

Quite pedestrian games here. I roll a ball along the floor, he lunges after it. We have hard floors which he seems to enjoy skidding over. I'm very pleased that he plays at all - greyhounds aren't always particularly interested in games and some of them get very freaked out if they skid on the floor. He doesn't retrieve, but he does always bring the ball back to the same spot in the garden so if we're outside I can stand there and kid myself that he's retrieving!

Not exactly a game, but he loves toys and spends quite a lot of the day carefully transferring all of his toys from one of his beds to the other (one stays where it is and I move the other one so that he can come and sit with me wherever I am). It's so sweet to watch smile

AJ279 Fri 19-Feb-16 09:12:22

My dog loves playing hide and seek, she goes and stands in the garden while hide in the house and shout her to come get me. She gets so excited!

She also likes sitting at top of stairs and chucking her ball down to be thrown back up to her.

Readysteadyknit Fri 19-Feb-16 09:18:56

Dog1 (greyhound) does not play with humans at all but loves to chase Dog2 round the garden and through my flower beds. As he is considerably faster he usually does several 360 degree spins to even up the game.

Dog2 would play fetch forever.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 19-Feb-16 09:19:11

DDog1's favourite game is retrieving DDog2's most favourite squeaky ball from their toy box and parading around the house squeaking it like a thing possessed. She especially likes to thrust it into his face and give it an extra loud squeak before snatching it away again. DDog2 likes to play at biting her ears while she's asleep.

slebmum1 Fri 19-Feb-16 09:25:53

A tennis ball in a pair of tights keeps him occupied for HOURS. His two favourite things, together!

Focusfocus Fri 19-Feb-16 09:34:54

Being asked "whessy is (insert object/person?"

So whessy is spikey - goes off to find her spike ball

Whessy is baby brother- goes to DS

Whessy is daddy- goes and jumps on DH Head and licks inside his eyeballs

Also enjoys being asked " Woffyou-got?" Immediately compulsively has to find an object my bra, DH pants, chilly, manky shoe and then prods us till we chase her saying woffyou-got and pretend to take away her wof

Oh how we love her. DS needs to work on being cuter to stand a chance on the cute o meter!!

sparechange Fri 19-Feb-16 09:37:07

AJ279
My dog does the ball/stairs thing as a sad protest when no one will play with her...
Sits at the top of the stairs, and drops a toy down, then fetches it, goes back to the top, repeat

It is known as 'doing a Millhouse' after this from the Simpsons:
www.gifbin.com/bin/25yu25yu380.gif
It looks so pitiful that usually someone will take her outside and play proper games with her

DickDewy Fri 19-Feb-16 09:38:47

Aw, these are so sweet!

My dog loves a laser pointer. He would chase that red dot for hours on end.

Focusfocus Fri 19-Feb-16 10:02:23

Yes the pitiful playing by herself. Drops the ball around and waits rjo it stops then picks up and repeat

DH says to the saddest sound ever :-(

Roseberrry Fri 19-Feb-16 19:57:26

Oh I'm loving these! grin

AJ279 Fri 19-Feb-16 22:18:32

Spare that is so sweet! My dog hasn't learnt she can fetch it herself- bugger!! sad

Love the millhouse reference though gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now