Lurcher pyjamas/ housecoat- any suggestions?

(10 Posts)
Bouncearound Thu 14-Jan-16 20:18:26

Our dog is off to kennels for the first time next week and I need something to keep her warm while she's there... I have a few coats but she tends to get in a tangle and ends up with them unfastened and hanging under her chin! She starts shivering if I open a window so I want to keep her warm- I'll be sending all her bedding and blankets but a coat/ pyjamas would help.
As I obviously won't be there to sort her out if that happens, I'm looking for some kind of jumper/ fleece that fits snugly and isn't too easy to remove. Anyone got any suggestions?
TIAsmile

pandaskitchen Thu 14-Jan-16 21:02:10

Not sure if it helps as we have a Whippet, but we have had some things from Togsfordogs including a fleece jumper which stays on really well and she doesn't get tangled in it. They came quickly even though they are made to measure.

TrionicLettuce Thu 14-Jan-16 21:03:41

The dog jumpers and suits from Equafleece are great.

tinkywinkyshandbag Thu 14-Jan-16 21:13:38

OMG I must immediately buy my dog a jumper. So adorable!

CMOTDibbler Fri 15-Jan-16 09:18:53

DDog1 has a couple of fleece coats from Milgi which are super cosy. He also has pyjamas which were made by MeggieMoo (who doesn't do them anymore alas), but I've heard good things about Bleakhounds. The pyjamas are just one layer of fleece, so not as warm as a coat, but they cover more including tummy.

Floralnomad Fri 15-Jan-16 09:44:49

My dog has Equafleece jumpers and he would really struggle to get them off on his own ,they also wash well and dry quickly , ours are 4 years old now and still look as good as new .

Bouncearound Fri 15-Jan-16 11:39:02

Thanks all. I love the equafleece range but they are eye watering my expensive! I've made her lots of coats from bits of fleece so think I shall try to cobble together a jumper and save a few pennies ... Nothing to lose!

vjg13 Fri 15-Jan-16 21:14:31

I love the hand knitted ones this lady does here. I'm just trying to choose a colour and pattern for my greyhound.

KinkyAfro Sat 16-Jan-16 09:36:35

I've got hotterdog jumpers for mine

Teapot101 Sat 16-Jan-16 09:53:30

Another vote for equafleece. I have spaniels but they seem to find them so comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now