Dog bed recommendations?

(8 Posts)
ICanSeeForMiles Wed 06-Jan-16 15:54:55

My 1yo lhasa x poodle needs a new bed. I'm looking at a box type one rather than one that has sides (he still has a sided one in his crate that he goes in at nighttime) and he likes to stretch out in the living room. Anyone have one they love (or indeed hate! So I know what to steer clear from) grin Oh and he's not that heavy, about 9kg.
Thanks!

TheCunnyFunt Wed 06-Jan-16 21:01:25

I'm not sure what you mean by box type? Like a flat mattress type bed? I've heard lots of great things about Kumfi Pet, it's where I'll be buying my dogs beds when they need them next. They're very reasonably priced and excellent quality apparently.

ICanSeeForMiles Thu 07-Jan-16 09:49:33

I did fancy a flat mattress type bed, but thanks for the link, I've not heard of them before. Have now ordered a fleece donut bed from them, they look huge (and well made!)

ShitFacedTinyTim Thu 07-Jan-16 09:51:40

Try Joules - their dog beds are amazing and they do the mattress type as well as the regular beds. We actually went with buying the size up regular bed for the dog to stretch out in, and our shih tzu/poodle cross loves it!

NatFrenchie Thu 07-Jan-16 14:39:47

Danish Design do lovely (what they call) box duvet beds and deep duvet beds which are the open style beds you are talking about. I have two for my schnoodle and he loves them.

mrslaughan Fri 08-Jan-16 20:10:01

Orvis do a great range of dog beds ,only thing is they are far from cheap....

Floralnomad Sat 09-Jan-16 12:00:02

We got our dog 2 beds from Pet Planet , one is a Kingspet comfortable sofa , and the other is a flat cushion type with a furry cover he can be covered with , they were both a reasonable price and the customer service has been very good ( I've sent coats and things back with no issues) - we didn't want to spend a lot as my dog has form for chewing beds up immediately so we didn't want to waste loads .

splendidone Sun 24-Jan-16 12:31:57

Hello Everyone,

I wanted a dog bed that looked amazing, is easy to clean and has ventilation and because it doesn't sit directly on the ground you don't get that condensation under the bed.

Why shouldn't your dog have a bed/house thats beautiful and practical too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now