Millies Wolfheart

(16 Posts)
CakeMountain Wed 30-Dec-15 20:04:45

So many people recommend Millies, but they only seem to have about seven stockists. Do you all happen to live near a stockist?

TrionicLettuce Wed 30-Dec-15 20:15:16

I didn't even know anywhere actually stocked it!! I just order straight from their website, always arrives within a few days and I've never had a problem with doing it that way.

CharminglyGawky Wed 30-Dec-15 20:26:30

I just order online, it always comes quickly.

I think they have a sale on tomorrow, only 5% off but every little helps!

1frenchfoodie Wed 30-Dec-15 21:24:29

We get it online and home delivered.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 30-Dec-15 21:37:28

They usually deliver within a couple of days. They'll email you to let you know the exact day of delivery with a text on the day to advise of time slot. They're very good and very reliable. And their food is excellent.

CakeMountain Wed 30-Dec-15 22:51:45

Thanks, I hadn't realised you could.

WeAllHaveWings Fri 01-Jan-16 17:31:15

I order on a Wednesday night and my DPD route normally means they deliver Friday pm when I'm off work.

Normally order 3 bags at a time, which costs a lot, but means I get a discount/don't need to wait in for deliveries often (only 2/3 times a year).

Pixa Fri 01-Jan-16 17:34:21

We've only ordered it once but we bought it from online too.

Summerwood1 Fri 01-Jan-16 17:48:51

I'm a little confused by Millie's wolfheart- it says for working dogs. Is it suitable for small pet dogs as well?

ImBrian Fri 01-Jan-16 18:08:59

I didn't know which one would be best either. I have a small puppy and couldn't spot any puppy/fluffy mutt food.

WeAllHaveWings Fri 01-Jan-16 22:39:15

summer it is suitable for pet dogs, although I have heard some very small dogs don't get along with the kibble size so best to try a sample first. If you have an average active pet (1-2 hours exercise a day) I suggest countryside mix to start (there are activity guides for each of the foods on their webpage).

The working dogs tag is only used so it can be sold without adding VAT, so you get it cheaper.

WeAllHaveWings Fri 01-Jan-16 22:42:39

Brian they don't have puppy food as all their foods are high enough quality for puppies they don't need a gimmick one.

Join their Facebook group and you can ask which recipe is best. We started our lab on Countryside mix and now we give him that with 25% salmon & veg mixed in. He farts to much with 100% salmon, so the mix gives him the shiney coat without the smell.

ImBrian Fri 01-Jan-16 23:16:01

Thanks, I'll do that.

sweetkitty Fri 01-Jan-16 23:20:09

Fantastic food and great customer service as well cannot recommend it highly enough. Our cat used to steal the dogs food (if a 15 year old might can handle the kibble size I'm sure a puppy could) so we got him Millies cat food and he's like a new cat.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sat 02-Jan-16 00:18:08

You can soften it with a little warm water if you want to give it to a puppy.

Dieu Sat 02-Jan-16 00:38:37

I too highly recommend it. It's the only food I've tried that doesn't give my Shih Tzu pup soft stools. Trust me, sloppy poo with a longhaired breed is no joke. Needless to say, I'll never change, and the different recipes mean that you can keep their diet varied and interesting.
I agree that the website could be more helpful in directing you to the best recipe for your dog, but I find a quick call to customer services sorts this out. They always respond to messages left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now