Which floors?

(16 Posts)
duracellmummy Wed 16-Dec-15 11:32:10

Hi everyone. Looking for some advice as we are moving to a shithole project house with duracell dog and 4DC.

Front of house has wood floors, back (kitchen/dining and back of garage (utility/laundry) needs something new...concrete underfloor... I would like to put down something like Karndean/Amtico vinyl (hate cold feet)...would this be ok with dog claws? ddog is medium sized and lively (think sliding stops).

would you have , tiles, engineered wood, Vinyl or something else????

thanks

duracellmummy Thu 17-Dec-15 11:51:54

....?too boring?
You can post pictures of your beautiful pooches with your preferred floors if you like!!!!!!

here are mine!

CMOTDibbler Thu 17-Dec-15 12:00:47

We have two lurchers (and 3 cats) and have Karndean throughout the downstairs of the house. It is incredibly practical and has worn very well

Themodernuriahheep Thu 17-Dec-15 12:11:09

We have cheap vinyl in kitchen. Heapterrierdog, a digger, is fine on it.

MissRainbowBrite Thu 17-Dec-15 12:14:59

We have Karndean throughout downstairs and it still looks pretty good after 3 springers and 15 years. There are surface scratches but it still cleans up well and has no obvious damage.

duracellmummy Thu 17-Dec-15 12:40:48

thank you all!!!!!

29PaddingtonSt Thu 17-Dec-15 12:56:40

We have Amtico and a dog that slides to a stop. There are scratches on it but they aren't really noticeable and seem to disappear over time.

TurduckenForDinner Thu 17-Dec-15 13:00:08

I have Karndean and a dog with long nails (they have a long quick and they are dark so they're hard to cut, and they still click on the floor even immediately after they've been cut). There are a couple of scratches but they weren't caused by the dog and they're not noticable.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Thu 17-Dec-15 13:00:21

Watching as am also moving and have a shockingly similar dog grin

TurduckenForDinner Thu 17-Dec-15 13:46:21

Dog on Karndean.

duracellmummy Thu 17-Dec-15 13:50:23

fgrin

CMOTDibbler Thu 17-Dec-15 13:56:03

These are my dogs and the sitting room karndean. My kitchen has the same tile effect as Turduckens

Ridingthegravytrain Thu 17-Dec-15 14:19:44

Do those of you with that dark karndean not find it shows up every hair? I currently have dark slate and want to replace it as it drives me mad as always looks dirty and hairy even shortly after washing and hoovering.

TurduckenForDinner Thu 17-Dec-15 14:55:37

I have a non-shedding dog, a high tolerance for messiness and a cleaner who comes twice a week, not surprisingly I haven't had any issues with dark floors. wink

knobblyknee Thu 17-Dec-15 21:44:06

We have rubbery vinyl, its very heat resistant which we found out when my son took something out of the oven with damp oven gloves.
Although it can get scratched if we try hard enough they seem to wash out. Its Polysafe contract vinyl, the colour is Black Walnut and and looks a bit industrial, black with speckles in it. Its about £12 a square metre, and is supposed to last for at least 10 years. I like it a lot.

duracellmummy Fri 18-Dec-15 12:37:00

Great i am so happy...it looks like I can have warmish, cleanish, sensible long lasting floors!

Also coveting adorable pooches....with or without floors......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now