Dog sneezing a lot

(7 Posts)
ceres Sun 27-Sep-15 10:56:59

My dog has started sneezing a lot in the last couple of days, he is also reverse sneezing more than usual. A lot of the sneezes are more partial sneezes - lots of humphing for want of a better description!

He seems fine in himself, in fact we are just off out for the day.

Does anyone have any experience of this and know what might be causing it? I am worried he may have something stuck up his nose. We will be bringing him to the vet tomorrow for a check up. Feeling sorry for the vet already as dog does very good impression of an eel when being examined!

Snoopadoop Sun 27-Sep-15 11:03:39

Grass seed up the nose? Is he also rubbing his nose against stuff or pawing at his nose?

Snoopadoop Sun 27-Sep-15 11:04:20

Is he snotty? Is his nose wet?

ceres Sun 27-Sep-15 11:10:36

Snoopadoop - I am worrying it might be a grass seed up his nose. His nose feels normal, not snotty and he isn't rubbing it any more than usual. He really is fine in himself.

what happens if it is a grass seed?

I won't be back on this thread until later - lovely day here so we are off out to make the most of it!

nmg85 Sun 27-Sep-15 13:16:24

Mine had this in August and turned out to be an infection. She seemed fine in herself but kept sneezing. Vet checked her temp etc and she had a high temp so they decided was highly likely to be an infection. After anti inflammatories and antibiotics for a few days she was fine. The vet did say that if no improvement in 2 - 3 days then they would take her in and sedate her to look up her nose.

Snoopadoop Sun 27-Sep-15 15:11:59

When our dog had a grass seed up his noise he was sneezing lots, and pawing at it. He had to be sedated and have it removed.
I think you're only going to know if you let a vet have a look. I have to say though it was obvious he had something up there due to his pawing and obvious discomfort.

ceres Sun 27-Sep-15 17:49:19

Thanks for the replies. He is fine in himself but still sneezing. We are taking him to the vet tomorrow just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now