How many dogs can you fit on your sofa?

(11 Posts)

I'm a dog sitter, and I am currently basking in the warmth of four furries on the sofa with one on the other sofa grin

On my left is a chihuahua (mine) and a JRX. To my right I have a spaniel and a greyhound, and on the other sofa an elderly staffie. Like a mad fool I am picking up a whippet tomorrow to add to the mix. Fortunately we've been for a big ol' run around (or three) so they're all pooped grin

What is everyone else curled up with?

DramaAlpaca Sat 23-Aug-14 00:01:42

I have an elderly cat washing himself on the sofa next to me, an elderly springer fast asleep on the cushion at my feet and a bouncy young springer draped over my legs on the footstool.

Most evenings that's how we snuggle up. Where the animals are depends on who gets there first - prime spot is right next to me smile

LackaDAISYcal Sat 23-Aug-14 00:07:35

About 12 chihuahuas or 8 jackrussels or 4 spaniels or 2 labradors or 1 deerhound.

But sadly, I have none of the above sad

Aw lacka sad

Why is is that we are always the prime spot? I have given up trying to get them to sleep on their beds.... Is that terrible? - the owners all send them with their dogbeds, but no one wants to lie on them. The greyhound jumps up when I go to collect her and her owner looks crestfallen, and mutters about how she doesn't do that when he arrives home blush <disclaimer - the owners all know I let them on the furniture>

exexpat Sat 23-Aug-14 00:20:30

Just one border terrier and me - he's enjoying all the space to himself, after spending a couple of weeks on more crowded sofas at his dog sitter's!

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 23-Aug-14 00:37:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

It's pretty dark in here but I had a go at pics grin

antimatter Sat 23-Aug-14 01:09:57

OldBagWantsNewBag - that comic made me laugh!

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 23-Aug-14 07:15:52

None because the sofa belongs to the cats who guard it against any dog advance. However, it is perfectly acceptable for them to force any dog to leave any bed at any time.

JadeJ123 Sat 23-Aug-14 23:30:17

A 12 stone Italian Mastiff , 8 stone Johnson type American bulldog & a French bulldog

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 24-Aug-14 00:05:47

My old spaniel can't get on the sofa anymore. He's sometimes allowed on the bed when he's had a bath. He's currently snoring in his basket on the other side of the living room near dh. Dh occasionally mutters 'phwoar you smelly bastard' so I think poor old dog is a bit windy. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now