Campsite bans boxers, bull pitts, Alsatians and Rottweilers

(58 Posts)
misdee Tue 19-Aug-14 16:39:48

What are you thoughts on this?

They have decided to ban these four breeds as well as the usual banned breeds.

misdee Tue 19-Aug-14 16:40:28

Sorry Pitt bulls. I am a bit tired today

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misdee Tue 19-Aug-14 17:05:31

They are getting a well deserved back lash on FB.

SpicyBear Tue 19-Aug-14 17:12:12

Pit bulls are a usual banned breed in the UK. I will not stay anywhere that has breed restrictions in the Ts and Cs, regardless of whether it affects my dogs as I do not agree with it. Breed specific legislation does not keep people safe and neither will this. It just panders to and creates breed prejudice.

I particularly don't understand banned breeds on the register of exempted dogs not being allowed - they have to be muzzled and kept on a short lead in public (including in a private vehicle) at all times and have been proven in court to be of sound temperament so would probably be the least potentially dangerous dogs there!

LEMmingaround Tue 19-Aug-14 17:33:20

And staffies. It boils my piss.

Terrierterror Tue 19-Aug-14 17:34:23

A campsite with organised outdoor music? My dogs have more taste.

LEMmingaround Tue 19-Aug-14 17:35:04

And vans! No white vans on caravan park ffs. Our van is red but thats quite besides the point.

ClaimedByMe Tue 19-Aug-14 17:39:57

What campsite is it?

LEMmingaround Tue 19-Aug-14 17:40:44

Park resorts so hardly the lap of luxury.

misdee Tue 19-Aug-14 17:42:51

They only allow the smaller vw campervans

misdee Tue 19-Aug-14 17:43:11

Actually. It's Wowo

TightyMcTight Tue 19-Aug-14 18:05:57

My Cocker Spaniel is an arse. I would ban her over a big slobbery rottie any day. Perhaps, conforming to stereotypes here, it is the people attached to the dogs they are trying to ban?

misdee Tue 19-Aug-14 18:35:23

They best ban huskies if that's the case...

MoreBoober Tue 19-Aug-14 18:38:37

Obviously never owned a Boxer then!

Aked Tue 19-Aug-14 21:12:30

From FB

"The dogs that we have excluded from our site all have a jaw strength that could potentially cause fatal harm were this to happen, this is a risk we are not prepared to take."

Idiots.

Tauriel1 Tue 19-Aug-14 21:19:30

How odd.

I have stayed at a Park Resort a few years ago (with a Pug so I was safe)

I think the only banned dogs on my booking info were Pit Bull and some Dog Argentino or something.

Aren't boxers the softest dogs ever? I would have thought a Bull Mastiff would be on there (love them btw, not saying they should be)

ThatBloodyWoman Tue 19-Aug-14 21:19:32

We went camping with a white van and a small snappy unbanned dog.

My old gsd was far better behaved than my current little sweet and innocent looking dog.

misdee Tue 19-Aug-14 21:29:31

www.wowo.co.uk/faqs.html

It's not park resorts.

Tauriel1 Tue 19-Aug-14 21:31:28

Sorry misdee , completely missed one of your posts.

Methe Tue 19-Aug-14 21:32:06

Their site, their rules.

hoobypickypicky Tue 19-Aug-14 21:37:55

I think it's a brilliant idea on the behalf of Wowo Campsites and I'm all for it.

It allows the public to find other campsites which aren't run by idiots and used by bigots and will bring in more custom to sensible, intelligent campsite owners. Win-win!

My biggest injury from pets occurred when my cat bit through my finger. In her defence she was blind in one eye, previously abused, petrified and mistook the finger for the treat I was offering. Maybe they should have a rule about 6 month old cats too. hmm

ceres Wed 20-Aug-14 07:41:08

the boxer bit baffles me.

as a staffie owner I am well used to breed prejudice........but boxers??! never heard of them being seen as devil dogs before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now