What mix is my dog?

(19 Posts)
JayBat Tue 19-Aug-14 16:58:00

I'd say springer x cocker - I see a lot in agility who look very similar :-)

SpicyBear Tue 19-Aug-14 13:51:48

Nooo don't buy the DNA kit. They are absolute nonsense. I have seen them come back completely differently for two identical littermates and also ones for mutts that include such rare breeds that it can't possibly be correct.

Marrow Tue 19-Aug-14 10:33:12

He looks lovely smile If you really want to know what mix he is you can buy dog DNA testing kits. I keep trying to justify the cost to of them to myself so that we can find out what mix our dog is!

Mummyslittleduckie Mon 18-Aug-14 20:02:24

He wouldn't hurt a fly! He's a little nervous about dogs he doesn't know or "lively" dogs, but I think he's because he's only got three legs. He was rescued from a gypsy site with a shattered leg, the vets tried to save it, but they decided to amputate it because he was a puppy and he would do well without it.

moosemama Mon 18-Aug-14 16:55:42

I'd say Spring x Collie too. He has the lovely gentle look to his face/eyes of my old Border Collie x girl.

He's beautiful. smile

rembrandtsrockchick Mon 18-Aug-14 13:23:13

Cross between an Utterly Beautiful Springer and an Unbelievably Gorgeous Border Collie with a tough of Added Fabulousness.

tabulahrasa Mon 18-Aug-14 12:54:52

He could be a cocker cross...definitely spaniel cross collie IMO though.

OnlyLovers Mon 18-Aug-14 12:41:00

Aw, he's beautiful.

Agree with everyone else, he looks more like a springer than a cocker (although I don't think I've ever sen a working cocker), and there's something very Border Collie about his head shape, ear carriage and facial expression.

Bubble2bubble Mon 18-Aug-14 12:22:12

I have two springer collies very like him - they look like smallish springers to most people

Gorgeous boy smile

PurpleAlert Mon 18-Aug-14 11:52:18

Might have some working cocker in him- they look like springers but smaller.
Gorgeous!

Mummyslittleduckie Mon 18-Aug-14 11:35:55

So everyone thinks springer. That's kind of conclusive, isn't it! I also think he's got collie in him, because of his mane. I'll try and find a photo that includes his tail, but it's very bushy! Thanks everyone.

Springcleanish Mon 18-Aug-14 07:41:48

Springer x collie, he looks like an older version of ours

BestIsWest Mon 18-Aug-14 07:41:04

Yes, looks very like my old springer/collie cross. Pics of his tail might help to identify him a bit more.

He is gorgeous.

SpicyBear Mon 18-Aug-14 07:39:05

I would have said springer collie X. Lovely whatever he is smile

SpicyBear Mon 18-Aug-14 07:38:36

I would have said springer collie X. Lovely whatever he is smile

darksideofthemooncup Mon 18-Aug-14 02:20:16

He looks very much like my Sammy dog, a complete loon of a Springer but utterly lovely. Enjoy him :D

Mummyslittleduckie Mon 18-Aug-14 01:57:22

Thanks, he is! He's also the sweetest, kindest dog I've ever met.

darksideofthemooncup Mon 18-Aug-14 01:44:57

He looks more Springer than Cocker, maybe some retriever or Collie in the mix? And he is GORGEOUS :D

Mummyslittleduckie Mon 18-Aug-14 01:36:43

Hi, just a question really. My dog is 14 years old, adopted as a puppy from the RSPCA. I was told he was a cocker spaniel cross, I fell in love with him immediately and about two weeks later I picked him up from the RSPCA. I've always wanted to know whats he's crossed with though. Can anyone help? I have got a suspicion, but I really don't know. Thanks to anyone that could help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now