Help me translate Dog...

(7 Posts)
FatewiththeLeadPiping Fri 15-Aug-14 22:37:06

There is a dog I walk for a friend occasionally. When I have been around her house recently the Labrador makes very high pitched squeals or whines and jumps up a bit and sort of wriggles on the floor. No nipping or anything.

What is the dog saying? Should I engage or discourage? owner not always in as sometimes I am popping in to collect something she's left for me.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 15-Aug-14 22:49:05

Well if it were my dog I think he'd be saying I am terribly pleased to see you, I'm going to grovel on the floor a bit and incidentally I'd quite like you to tickle my tummy. grin

insanityscratching Sat 16-Aug-14 14:07:45

Yes, that would mean I am so glad you've come to visit, are you going to play? in Eric speak anyway.

weaselwords Sat 16-Aug-14 14:27:32

The dog is saying "ohmygodI'msoexitedtoseeyouletsgoplayNOW!". I think you have a fan.

FatewiththeLeadPiping Sat 16-Aug-14 18:37:00

Ok, that is good to know! Thank you! smile I am usually able to play with it for a but, but I know owner wants to discourage jumping so I thought I would check.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sat 16-Aug-14 23:18:20

Well if he starts jumping ignore him when he's in the air and make a fuss of him when he's on the ground. Get down there with him if you have to. smile

weaselwords Sun 17-Aug-14 11:08:03

My dogs have got that you keep all four paws on the ground as we all turn away when they jump up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now