Kennels guilt

(6 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Sun 03-Aug-14 09:29:55

Taking dog to kennels today for first time.

She's a rescue greyhound who spent her first few years in kennels before coming to me - I feel so guilty! What if she feels abandoned?

It's somewhere that's been recommended to me. She'll be okay won't she?

Yes I know i'm silly and too soft. blush

SistersOfPercy Mon 04-Aug-14 00:30:54

When my boy went in for a week a few months back I was worrying for the entire week I was away. I wanted to call and check but dh wouldn't let me and assured me he'd be fine.

I knew the kennel owner well and knew he'd be ok but still, this was baby. I came home to a very bouncy, happy little dog who's belly wad substantially larger than when he went in because the owners wife is a soft touch with treats.

He settled straight back in at home and that was that.
Your girl will be fine, you'll worry lots and she'll come our bouncing but she will be fine. I doubt she'll think you've abandoned her at all.

YourHandInMyHand Mon 04-Aug-14 08:15:21

Thank you for replying it does help. I had considered calling mid stay to check on her but I wont. smile

Was reassured when I dropped her off as saw several happy dogs in their exercise areas and they all looked fine plus staff I spoke to were nice. I'm sure she will be fine, I'm just a right softy!

JustAShopGirl Mon 04-Aug-14 08:22:21

She will be fine - ours pulls on his lead to get in to kennels when we go, he loves all the girls who work there and is sooooo happy. He also comes home the same dog as when he went in if you know what I mean. We tried him in a "home from home" type place and he was not happy - I think he was bullied by the owners' dogs.

Our kennels also post on facebook if you want them to, to let you know what has been going on that day - a sort of "blog from the dog" type thing.

feelingold42 Tue 05-Aug-14 22:13:06

Where about's are you as i would like to find a really nice kennels ?

xx

JustAShopGirl Wed 06-Aug-14 08:47:00

We are in Gloucestershire, and can recommend the one ours goes to- new build, with loads of green secure walking space, run by ex RSPCA inspector who lives on site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now