First Season help please

(9 Posts)
SilverShadows Mon 07-Jul-14 13:19:23

My weimaraner finished her first season 2 weeks ago, but her nipples are still massive and her back end hasn't gone completely down. Is that usual?

Also, she has had a slight creamy/yellowy discharge since finishing. Is this normal too?

Just want to check before I cart her off to the vets - I've always had male dogs before!

Thank you.

Southpaws Mon 07-Jul-14 13:26:06

I would take her to vets as it could be a Pyo. When I called the vet to say our dog had discharge after a season they said the bring her straight in and turned out she needed an emergency hysterectomy due to a Pyo. Better safe than sorry!

SilverShadows Mon 07-Jul-14 13:39:11

Oh god!
Will do - I didn't want to be dramatic but perhaps I should have been. Cheers.

When did the season start?

SilverShadows Mon 07-Jul-14 13:51:55

1st June.

Chattymummyhere Mon 07-Jul-14 14:48:26

Trip to the vets. Better safe than sorry in these cases

SilverShadows Mon 07-Jul-14 15:51:14

Appt is booked. Cross those fingers please.

Aked Mon 07-Jul-14 16:04:04

Mine still has slightly big boobs and a swollen foof, she probably finished hers around the same time as yours. No discharge that I have seen though. I would say it would be unlikely that yours has a pyo, given her age, but far better to be safe than sorry as it wouldn't be impossible.

Hope she is all fine.

SilverShadows Mon 07-Jul-14 21:22:38

It's ok, she has vaginitis and a false pregnancy going on. Got to keep an eye on both but she'll be fine.

Panic over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now