Any tips to stop my lad chewing?

(4 Posts)
HarrySnotter Tue 17-Jun-14 14:49:38

While we're home we can keep an eye on him but I work 3 and a half hours a day and he is slowly chewing his way through shoes, paper,money,hairbrushes and anything he can get his paws on.

He has loads of toys and chews, a Kong but he won't stop. He doesnt appear anxious on his own as I've 'spied' on him but he obviously gets bored quickly.

He used to be crated when he was young but I don't want to crate him for that length of time every day so I need tips pleasrw.

Hes a 13 month old chocolate lab.

Lilcamper Tue 17-Jun-14 15:25:55

Now is the time to learn to put things away. If it is within reach it is fair game. Dogs don't know the difference between 'yours' and 'mine'.

If you dont want to crate him, is he in any sort of confined or secure area?

HarrySnotter Tue 17-Jun-14 15:51:29

We do try to put stuff away but you u know what it's like when you're trying to get out the door in the morning, sometimes things get missed. He has the run of the living room dining room and kitchen because its all open plan and nowhere to put a stair gate. He'd probably eat it anyway. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now