oh god limping puppy i feel quite sick :-(

(7 Posts)
catstolemypants Fri 13-Jun-14 13:34:05

puppy has just been zooming around the house and garden as per his mad moments and fell through the open patio doors which have quite a step i think he tripped and now he's limping [worried] he is walking on it and has picked up a toy to toss about but i can see a little limp should i be worried???

BMW6 Fri 13-Jun-14 14:14:55

Nothing to be concerned about - he is walking on it so I doubt any major damage done.
He may have spained "ankle" or something similar. I'd give it a few days to see if the limp goes before rushing off to vets!

My own dog cut his foot on glass last week and wouldn't put any weight on it for 12 hours or so, then had a limp for a day. After that, 100% back to normal. All I did was keep bathing foot with salted water (it hardly bled at all so I think it was more a piercing wound than a cut).

MrsHarryRamsden Fri 13-Jun-14 14:23:56

I try to apply the same rule to my pets as to my children. I ask myself If I would take my child to the GP for similar symptoms. If the answer is no, I won't take my pet to the vet and will wait and see how they are in a day or two.

catstolemypants Fri 13-Jun-14 14:36:49

he does seem better now he didnt yelp or anything when he did it but i heard him hit the patio oh my this is all such a worry lol

soddinghormones Fri 13-Jun-14 17:02:13

When dpup was 9 weeks old (so we'd had him for all of 4 days ..) he was pootling around the garden with me when suddenly started screaming and limping - it was such an awful noise I thought he must be in serious pain - rushed him to the vet there and then only to be told he possibly had a slight sprain, nothing to worry about and that'll be £37 please ... Two hours later the little sod darling couldn't even be bothered to limp properly hmm

It's v easy to be PFP about them isn't it blush

We had this with dpup when she was about 9 weeks, she was crying and wouldn't put weight on her leg. Of course it was a Sunday evening...
Called the emergency vet and they were lovely, said it was very common and to wait another couple of hours and call back if still worried, or go to see our vet in the morning. Dpup was running around like a loon before the couple of hours was up!

Give it until tomorrow morning and see how he's doing then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now